rare U2 videos!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AussieU2fanman

Refugee
I've been looking for rare U2 videos all over the net, but I can't find them. Does anyone have or know where I can find :

Spanish Eyes
Night and Day
Slow Dancing
Until the End of the World
Christmas (Baby please come home)
In God's Country
Two Hearts Beat as One
When Love Comes To Town

Has anyone seen the Video clips for these? I definately know they all exist. Thanks for the help.

Aren't Spanish Eyes and UTEOTW on U2.com's video clip section?

I also have Christmas and WLCTT on video tape, though I'm not sure if WLCTT is the proper video or not.

OzAurora, I'm pretty sure TVNZ made a film clip. I think it's comprised of images of the band, but I'm not sure of that at all.

OzAurora said:
I would love to see the clip for In Gods Country

:yes:. So would I.

Originally posted by OzAurora
and speaking of J-tree, is ther a clip for One tree hill, seeing as though it was released as a single in New Zealand?????

There is...there's a video of them performing that song live. Seen it on VH1 Classic, along with "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)", "Two Hearts Beat As One", and "When Love Comes To Town".

I've never heard of a video for "Slow Dancing", either, but I'd definitely like to see it, too.

As for the other videos mentioned, as pointed out, you can see a couple of them on U2.com-"Spanish Eyes" and "Until The End Of The World" are on there. And I did see a video for "Night and Day" on Launch a long time back, but it's not there anymore, unfortunately, so I don't know where else you can see it.

Angela

I recorded "Night and Day" from MTV2 once, but I thought it was too weird, so I recorded over it. :reject: :banghead: This was back when I first started liking U2 (two years ago).

Popmartijn said:
Is there a video for Slow Dancing? Never heard of that one before...

There's some black and white footage of them with Willie when they re-recorded with him. I don't know if there was ever a full video done, but this clip showed up in a Willie Nelson special on PBS a few years ago.

AussieU2fanman said:
anyone know where I can get Night and Day video from?? I really want to see it. Thanks

It's a pretty cool video that was shot at Wim Wenders house...I have an old VHS copy of it somewhere, but who knows where.

Anyone know if there is another version of Until The End Of the World that is different from the live performance video that was on the new Best Of?

I recorded Night And Day years ago when MTV did the U2 A-Z before Pop came out.. It is interesting in the sense that it was made in 1990 and it was the last we'd see of the raggedy looking post Rattle And Hum U2 and Bono with long hair before they changed their image for Achtung Baby.

david said:
Anyone know if there is another version of Until The End Of the World that is different from the live performance video that was on the new Best Of?

Yes, there is. That version of UTEOTW appeared on the Achtung Baby video (The Video's, The Cameo's And A Whole Lot Of Interference From Zoo TV). I haven't watched it for a looooong time, but I can remember it had some distorted pictures with lots of primary/basic colours (if you have the soundtrack to Until The End Of The World, then it's like the front cover).

Hope this helps!

Marty

So.....anyone have a link to the In God's Country video?.....would be cool if they released that entire special on the upcoming Best Of DVD....

AussieU2fanman said:
anyone know where I can get Night and Day video from??

Officially, the video appears on a VHS called "Red Hot + Blue" which was released in 1991. I think it may be out of print, but half.com has a couple copies of it... might be able to find it on ebay or other places like that.

I have most of these vids on VHS, taped from MTV and stuff. I think I even have that Slow Dancing bit somewhere. If I ever have time to compile them all together, maybe I'll offer a couple tapes up as freebies or something. :)

Isn't the UTEOTW video on U2.com the alternate, non-live one?

Erised, if you make a compilation like that, mind if I claim a copy now? :)

Axver said:

Erised, if you make a compilation like that, mind if I claim a copy now? :)

:hmm:

I wonder if anyone would be interested in forming a trading "tree" of sorts for this?

I could compile the vids, on either a VHS, DVD or both. And then I could send them to other peeps, who once they receive them, could also copy them and send them to more peeps.

I don't have time right now to be making a ton of copies for people, but if there's enough interest in a "tree" and others will help me by copying and spreading the U2 love, then I'd be happy to put the compilation together. :)

erised said:

:hmm:

I wonder if anyone would be interested in forming a trading "tree" of sorts for this?

I could compile the vids, on either a VHS, DVD or both. And then I could send them to other peeps, who once they receive them, could also copy them and send them to more peeps.

I don't have time right now to be making a ton of copies for people, but if there's enough interest in a "tree" and others will help me by copying and spreading the U2 love, then I'd be happy to put the compilation together. :)

I'm in if it can be vcd since I don't have a dvd burner.

Yes, a tree definitely works, it's a good idea. In theory I can burn DVDs, but I have no idea how, and blank DVDs are an absolute ripoff here, so I'd personally prefer to go with VCDs. I don't have the gear to do VHS, sadly.

:sigh: I don't know how to do VCDs.

I mean, I've made VCDs before, but that was a different situation, in this situation, I wouldn't know how to convert the DVD files to the VCD format. :der: My software requires MPEG files to make a VCD, but when I open my DVDs on my puter, the files are not in MPEG format. And that's the easiest way I know how to get my VHS footage in digital form, by putting it on DVD with my DVD recorder.

Unfortunately, I don't really have time right now to learn and fuss with a new process such as creating VCDs... anyone out there that can convert a DVD to VCD?

Back
Top Bottom