Questions about the SANTIAGO POPMART DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
ok

so I met this guy, here in Chile, that says that HE and some othe friend got the MASTER tape of the concert in Chile, wohtout cuts or comerccials or the channel logo, and that they made the DVD

some other friend tells me that some french guy did it... AchtungPop or something...

is ther just 1 DVD going around?... or 2?.. and if its just 1, who actually made it?

I tend to believe the chilean guy, because I find really hard to imagine some french guy getting the MASTER TAPE of a network here in chile... and he has become somewhat of a friend of mine...

anyone knows this?... some of the MASTER TRADERS here?...

Correct!

The Chilean guy got the tapes, AWESOME QUALITY (must the best dvd boot from days before digital capture etc)

but the show had few cuts (missing Please (acctualy it as on chilean guy but in vhs quality), and typical popmart - Streets extendet outtro... that chant thing) and if my memory doesn't fail APop wasn't too happy with the sound.

So he mixed the Betacam 2dvd source (chileanguy) with some 1st gen VHS and audiobootleg sound.

If you are "anti-loss" get the Chilean version, if you prefere "full show" get the re-encoded AchtungPop version

Back
Top Bottom