Question about u2 go home dvd (color question)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimbo913

The Fly
okay, i am too obsessive. I already own the jewel case version of this dvd, but ever since i decided to get this version (since I could only find that version off-line) it has been bugging me knowing that there was a limited edition version. So today, I finally decided to go buy it. I called all around till I located a copy at best buy 20 miles away. So I went to buy it. On my way home I decided to stop at a Media Play and see what they had. They also had the digipack version, but i noticed something odd. On that cover, the orange lettering on the cover, as well as the box where it says "go home" appeared much more reddish that the one I got at Best Buy. My version is a more muted orange like the jewel version. You can see the difference in these pictures:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000TB050.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
(this is the muted orange)

compared to:
http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/view.shtml?images/vid010-04.jpg (more reddish tint)

I didn't compare them side by side, but it was actually my friend who was with me that noticed it. I then looked at it and noticed the difference. So I came home and looked it up and there it was, but no information as to why.

Am I crazy, or is there yet another variation on this release? Is one a latter release or something?

I have the reddish version; I picked it up from the local Best Buy. I think it is probably just an issue with the inks/colors they use in making the package itself, and probably not anything to really concern yourself with.

I thought that too. But the thing is that these digipacks are becoming a little more common. Deepdiscountdvd.com hasn't had them listed at all for a long time (instead just having the jewel case), then all of a sudden the digipack is up and the jewel case is gone. I have seen similar things on other sites. I am starting to wonder if they canned the jewel case and decided to rerelease the digipacks instead. It is possible that these lighter orange ones are the second release. But I don't know.

oh and the one I bought at best buy was 17.99, so that is a significant price drop. Makes me think that the above is true. that is, it has been rereleased at the jewel case price point.

Last edited:
thanks. i can't quite figure out what to do. fortunately, i haven't opened the one I bought today. maybe i will return it and buy the one at media play. problem is that it was 24.99 there. so in essence, i would be paying another seven dollars just for a different color ink... lol. I have lost my mind, and I know it doesn't matter, maybe I will just sleep on it and hope i come to my senses. it is only a color jimbo, only a color...:huh:

That's ok, I lost my mind quite awhile ago. Hopefully they'll be playing U2 at the nuthouse. :laugh:

Erm anyway...I paid $17.99 for my digipack and $16.99 for the jewel case, both off the shelf at Best Buy. I was surprised to see the price of the digipack since it's always been several days more on Amazon.com. :huh:

yes it is odd. i noticed that too, but after hearing from my brother that he saw it at one in his town (this show made him a u2 nut like myself), I decided to give them a jingle. I was surprised when the guy said they had it, and was even more surprised when he told me the price. So I finished my work for the day and headed on out. Of course today I went back to Media Play and brought my copy with me to compare. I realized they were the same color. Something about the light in that place that made it look much more reddish. So I guess it was just my imagination. I gotta quit being so obsessive. I was prepared to buy yet another copy, and was glad when I realized I didn't have to. I am a nut job :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom