Pride(early live)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
Is there any early live version of Pride when Bono realy sing "In the naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame of love" like in the studio version with the same voicesound. The only time I have heard him sing like that is in the UF documentary, when he is in the studio. I have never heard him sing like that on the UF tour. I havent heard all the UF shows, maybe someone here have and got an answer? :)

Peterrrrr said:
Is there any early live version of Pride when Bono realy sing "In the naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame of love" like in the studio version with the same voicesound. The only time I have heard him sing like that is in the UF documentary, when he is in the studio. I have never heard him sing like that on the UF tour. I havent heard all the UF shows, maybe someone here have and got an answer? :)

Personally I think the song has not been special live for so long it's easy to forget it once was special live. One of the reasons it may not sound to you like it does on record is that for live purposes, the band has dropped the key ever since the UF Tour -- I think it's by now been dropped a full step due to it straining Bono's voice. That being said, Bono went for it, as it were, throughout the UF Tour (and IMO it sounded even better on the Amenesty Tour) then it started to get flat (again, just my opinion) by the end of the JT.

Back
Top Bottom