Pre-Boy early recordings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chino

The Fly
I used to have a tape with pre-Boy studio stuff like: Street Missions, The King's New Clothes, Magic Carpet, The Dream is Over, Touch, etc. Tape worn out, that sucks.

Does anybody have a CD with pre-Boy studio stuff that I can trade with?

Thanks in advance,

Chino

Where could I get a copy of U2's first single U2:3. Also Ican't seem to find any of U2's early singles in the shops. The earliest one I could find in the Local Music Store was THE FLY.

Could be mistaken, but i don't think that U2 3 was ever released on CD, just on vinyl.

However, you can download the songs from iTunes as individual tracks for $0.99 each. It is listed in the Complete U2 Collection, as the Three EP and contains the original versions of Out of Control, Stories for Boys, Boy/Girl. There are many other goodies there as well.

Though not lossless, they were mastered for the iTunes release and as such probably the best form you can get it now (as any boot CDs are likely from vinyl, which someone digitized).

The earliest single released as a CD single (at least that i have) is the Fire EP (also on iTunes), which was released to CD i Europe back in mid-80's or so. Hope that helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom