Original Bootleg Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2morrow

Acrobat
This would help if I knew correct terminology
wink.gif
Hmm...so is there any way you can tell if a bootleg you have is 'orginal' (I don't know what better word to use there)? I buy bootlegs from this store a couple towns over and I just want to know if I am buying one that someone copied and printed out covers for, or if it's 'real." It doesn't really matter, I am just curious. Thanks

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

I think, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but an original boot will be pressed and not burned. The cds that you buy for you computer usually come with a blue-ish bottom whereas a real pressing has the silver bottom. Plus the cd design will be burned on there and not a printed sticker that is placed on there with a cd labler.

Brian

Originally posted by Bri2k:
I think, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but an original boot will be pressed and not burned. The cds that you buy for you computer usually come with a blue-ish bottom whereas a real pressing has the silver bottom. Plus the cd design will be burned on there and not a printed sticker that is placed on there with a cd labler.

Brian

True, but on the other hand, there are also non-original bootlegs with burned design on the CD-R and not a sticker cd label. I just got one from the Lovetown Tour with the print on the disc. The cd, however, is obviously a CD-R as it's greenish/yellowish (another color of cd-rs apart from blue or violet). In this case, it was a burned one, but I don't really mind.
wink.gif

There aren't any "official" (official being liscensed by Island) boots...just many little companies that put them out...some on pressed silver discs, some on CDRs. But as long as the quality's good, who cares? Just don't go paying a ton of money for something you can get off the internet! (which is practically everything) I see people all the time on ebay who pay upwards of 50 or 70 dollars for a tour boot....please don't do that!

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom