OPINION: Larry's Drumsticks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timothius

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I was just pondering the other day how much one of Edge's Guitars would cost if it ever came up at auction or the like... I then decided I was thinking blaspahmey and then pondered a more reasonable question.

How much do you think a pair of Larry's tour used drumsticks would cost?

:hmm: I don't collect things like that, usually, so I really couldn't venture an educated guess :shrug:
But since they are specially designed & customed made for him, that would have to effect the price, (+++) I suspect

Oh, also, I once came across a guitar autographed by (if I recall correctly) all 4 of them in Memphis in a little shop on Beale street ... It was pushing $600 if I recall correctly because that was just a little more than all the money I had set aside for the entire trip. I very nearly ended up walking home penniless with a guitar strapped to my back!

Last edited:
Two girls from this forum got Larry's drumsticks last tour. I dont think they'd sell them though :hmm:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yes: it was at rum boogie on beale street. i didn't know they were for sale though :hmm: :no:

Actually the one I saw was at a place called 'Tater Red's' (I wear the T-shirt all the time, only way I remember :D) and had a price on it, I even talked to the owner about it.

Mr. Lansky (Elvis' Tailor) in the Peabody hotel also has one in his INFAMOUS and INCREDIBLE collection, but of course, those are just for display

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
Actually the one I saw was at a place called 'Tater Red's' (I wear the T-shirt all the time, only way I remember :D) and had a price on it, I even talked to the owner about it.

Mr. Lansky (Elvis' Tailor) in the Peabody hotel also has one in his INFAMOUS and INCREDIBLE collection, but of course, those are just for display
oh my...so there's TWO U2 guitars on display on beale street? i've never been in tater red's. :hmm:

i was just at the peabody hotel saturday and went to lansky's actually. :hmm:

KhanadaRhodes said:

oh my...so there's TWO U2 guitars on display on beale street? i've never been in tater red's. :hmm:

i was just at the peabody hotel saturday and went to lansky's actually. :hmm:

That is something isn't it? I never went in to Rum Boogie, so I can't say I saw two seperate guitars but it would seem that that is the case.

(Of course; I'm no expert, for all I know the guy in the store could've been screwing with my head :shrug: but I know what it looked like and all that.)

Also, I don't know what they have at the Hard Rock down there; and the Rock & Soul Museum (It seems like there was something, if only a photo of them... but I went through a whirlwind tour with a friend who is an Elvis fanatic and so didn't get to see half of what I would've liked)

I do know that I'm such a loser I cried at Sun Studio because I was standing there looking around the room and replaying scenes from Rattle & Hum in my head :reject:
I hope to visit Memphis again soon and see the things which I only got to glimpse briefly last time. I'll certainly be checking on that guitar again!

Ok, sorry... back to the topic of Larry's Drumsticks
:D

Sad_Girl said:
That is something isn't it? I never went in to Rum Boogie, so I can't say I saw two seperate guitars but it would seem that that is the case.

(Of course; I'm no expert, for all I know the guy in the store could've been screwing with my head :shrug: but I know what it looked like and all that.)

Also, I don't know what they have at the Hard Rock down there; and the Rock & Soul Museum (It seems like there was something, if only a photo of them... but I went through a whirlwind tour with a friend who is an Elvis fanatic and so didn't get to see half of what I would've liked)

I do know that I'm such a loser I cried at Sun Studio because I was standing there looking around the room and replaying scenes from Rattle & Hum in my head :reject:
I hope to visit Memphis again soon and see the things which I only got to glimpse briefly last time. I'll certainly be checking on that guitar again!

Ok, sorry... back to the topic of Larry's Drumsticks
:D
yeah, i was saying there were two guitars, as in one in rum boogie and one in tater red's. with all these guitars all over town you'd think they'd play here! :rant:

i was just at hard rock saturday and didn't see anything, but there's so much stuff on the wall that doesn't mean much, lol. there is something U2-ey at the rock and soul museum, but i can't remember what it is either. i've not been there since like 2002 so it's been a while, lol. but yeah, i think there may have been an entry about how they recorded at sun studios and the like?

don't feel bad about how you were at sun studios, i was the same way lol. i was looking around remembering where the band standed and stuff. in fact, when the tour was over they played wlctt. :up: i don't know if they do this at the end of every tour but i thought it was so awesome. the tour guide even looked at me like "hey i'm a U2 fan too." (i didn't have a U2 shirt on or anything so it's not like i was obvious or anything.) i'm probably just imagining things.

on trademe.co.nz, somebody is selling larry's drumsticks from the Christchurch 1993 show. They are in excellent condition (a good photo is shown) The price somebody is selling these for is NZ$500 starting price, no reserve.

Is that the site you have seen timothius?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom