One more question about vcds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of VCDs
I've got 11 shows and only 1 of them plays on my computer. I've tried downloading several VCD playing programs which either don't work or crash my computer. I'm on a MAC.
Any suggestions? Any dvd players that will also play VCD's that I can look into purchasing with my tax refund?

groovcat said:
Speaking of VCDs
I've got 11 shows and only 1 of them plays on my computer. I've tried downloading several VCD playing programs which either don't work or crash my computer. I'm on a MAC.
Any suggestions? Any dvd players that will also play VCD's that I can look into purchasing with my tax refund?

I use Macs...did you try to play it in the built-in dvd player or Quicktime 6?

senrab said:

I use Macs...did you try to play it in the built-in dvd player or Quicktime 6?

OMG OMG OMG! You guys are cool - I feel stupid for not asking this question earlier. I had been using Quicktime 5 and I upgraded it today and wham bam I can view all the vcds i have been holding on to for over a year now.
It's a beautiful thing. Thanks so much!!!!

So now that I know my vcds work, if anyone wants to work a trade here is what I have to offer. I would be more than willing to trade vcds for bootlegs:
Irving Plaza 12.00 (1 vcd)
South Bend 10.10.01 (1 vcd)
Bono's Harvard Speech 06.06.01 (1 vcd)
Edmonton 06.15.97 (2 vcd)
Toronto 05.25.01 (2 vcd)
Miami 03.26.01 (2 vcd)
Paris - "Crazy Bercy" 06.17.01

YEA! Thanks again!
lara

VCDs all play in Windows Media Player... you've solved your problem already, but here's the easy way:
open windows media player, hit open, and go to the cd... open the "MPEGAV" file, and there should be some .dat files called VIDEO1, VIDEO2, etc... those'll play.

course with a DVD playing program it's cooler since you can do the menu thing and all. :D yes so now you're informed :wave:

groovcat said:
Speaking of VCDs

I got a cheap Apex DVD player from Wal-Mart last year that said it would also play mp3 files and I can play my Irving Plaza VCD on it. I bought it in honor of the release of U2's Boston DVD for under $100.

Back
Top Bottom