On life, love, and living in peace...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bicyclingfish

The Fly
I post this here for two reasons: the first is that there isn't anything else in this area right now, and the second is that I want someone else, anyone else to read it. I wrote it online earlier today and I'm pretty happy. Lemme know what you think!

On Life, Love, and Living In Peace.

Friends, and all of you are friends, the news I have for you all. There are things that I have seen and done, words that I have heard and spoke, places that I've went and explored...

There was a time when the world seemed so confusing to me. Events that shook my very soul, people who rocked my entire universe... all those things are so close to me now, and I want to tell you about them all.

I have stood on top the highest mountain in the Rockies and seen the deepest valley of the Mississippi... I have held the hands of whites and blacks, of rich and poor, of the educated and the ignorant, of the alive and the dead... I have wanted and waited and lusted after and withheld... all the while thinking of you, my friends, my family.

You are my hopes and my dreams. You are my heart and my soul. You are a hundred thousand lonely nights and a million long days of work and imprisonment, of construction and restriction, of happiness and of hurt...

I come to you tonight to write for this place, in this time, and to you people. I write that there is nothing within these walls to confine me any longer. Now I must stand up, speak out, hold up and hand out who I really am and I what I really want to do.

I want to see the face of God.

I want to feel the love of humanity.

I want to dream the dreams of a thousand lost dreams.

I want to touch the face of eternity.

I want to walk in contemplation of all things, understand all ways, know every thing...

This is what I understand on life: all things are alive. All of life is experience. All experience is God. God is love.

This is what I understand of love: all things are love. The earth, the people, the animals, all of the universe is love. There is nothing that exists without love, there is nothing that wants other than love, and although we may not be able to see or understand what that love is, it is.

Love is all things in all ways. Always.

This is what I understand of living in peace: peace is within. It is within me and it is within you. It is within the tornado and it is within the earthquake. Peace is within the nonviolent as it is within the killer.

Our lives are for us to experience the life, love, and peace of the universe, of God, of eternity.

Taste then, touch as you may, and feel what you will as you journey throughout your life and your universe. Know always- in all ways- that the life, the love, and the peace is within you, surrounds you, and goes through you, for ever and forever.

In sincere gratitude for your understanding,

Adam

Mind if I move this to "Dream Out Loud"? There's a poetry corner there, and you'll definitely find some people to read and enjoy your work.
smile.gif

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

Bubba... of course I've been to the Dream Out Loud corner, and I think I'll clean this up a bit and re-post it up over there.

I just thought that this board looked so... empty, ya know?

I'll put it up over there next. Thanks for noticing it!

Yeah, I know this forum's kinda ignored, with so much in the main forum. Hopefully, we'll be able to spread the threads more evenly in the future...

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

Back
Top Bottom