OK here's a theoretical one about bootlegs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Suppose you get a CD and somehow it doesn't quite do it for you (bet it setlist-wise or voice-wise or era-wise) for any particular reason (and it doesn't look like you'll play it very often), and suppose you are considering trading or giving away that CD and suppose you could find someone who prefers that setlist-era-voice and would therefore enjoy the CD more than you, and suppose you are seriously considering either trading or giving away the CDs with that someone.

Is that OK in bootleg community ?

Do you think the person who gave you the CD in the first place would mind terribly? Do you think that person should know about it?

It is no problem to give it away, i guess. But do not sell it, thats a different story.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I exactly understand the question.

I'm a trader, and I never tell people I get the shows from that I don't like them (unless they are full of errors that they didn't tell me about!). I always research them through FLOM or ask them for a track listing or ask them what *they* think of the show. If I don't like it, well, that's *me*. Everyone has different tastes.

I also have tons of shows I have never listened to and tons that I have listened to once and never will again. I will keep them all. There is always someone looking for some obscure show that even if you tell them it isn't that good, they want it anyway because they were there. I always keep shows because of that. Everyone should have copies of the shows they were at!

But really, if you don't like the show and want to give it away, keep a copy (I get fuji blanks for 25 cents a piece!) and then give it to someone. For 50 cents, why not keep a copy?

I agree with Lynne.

For example, I recently aquired probably the worst sounding bootleg ever: Warsaw August 12th 1997. I knew this recording was sooooooo poor in terms of sound quality, but I still wanted because it is really hard to get. I couldn't even listen to it completely (and I am proud to say that I usually listen to every recording I receive).

Julien

Back
Top Bottom