Newbie B&P offer: Syracuse '87 DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erised

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
:wave: OK Newbies... from one newbie to another, I'll offer up a B&P of the 10/09/87 show on DVD to the first THREE (3) peeps who post their e-mail addy below!

Blank DVD media sent to me must be DVD+R format. I live in the USA.

Offer for newbies only please. Experienced traders, please see my trading web site (link in my sig) and let's trade!

Share the U2 love!!! :dance: :heart: :dance:

Jenny,

I just thought I would post a link about b&ps so the newbies can do them correctly. You'd be amazed at what I've seen some people send. :madspit: :lol:

Detailed information about B&Ps And, of course, you want DVD+Rs, not CDRs. Also, does your burner have a minimum or maximum write speed requirement? (For instance, I need 2x or 1x, not 4x).

U2Lynne said:
Jenny,

I just thought I would post a link about b&ps so the newbies can do them correctly. You'd be amazed at what I've seen some people send. :madspit: :lol:

Detailed information about B&Ps And, of course, you want DVD+Rs, not CDRs. Also, does your burner have a minimum or maximum write speed requirement? (For instance, I need 2x or 1x, not 4x).

:wave: Hi Lynne!

Thanks for your post!

:hmm: I didn't think about the write speed... I bought some DVD+R discs and have done some burning and haven't had problems.

It says the maximum read speed is 40x, and the maximum write speed is 16x. I haven't burned anything at that high of a speed yet though. The discs I've burned were at 4x.

Please enlighten me... what discs will I need for my drive speed?!? :confused: I've been using Fuji discs... I don't even see a speed on the packaging :der:

erised said:
Please enlighten me... what discs will I need for my drive speed?!? :confused: I've been using Fuji discs... I don't even see a speed on the packaging :der:

Um, I don't know. I just know that for me and my Apple Superdrive, I can only write at 1x and 2x and so they suggest I not use 4x rated DVDs. I don't know that I've ever worried about read speed.

You might want to suggest the type of disc that you know works for you: Fuji part number xxx-xxx?

I've been unsuccessful at my DVDR b&ps which is why I don't do them right now. I've always said DVD-R, no more than 2x, single-sided, and check to make sure it is rated OK for Apple Superdrives. I've even suggested using Apple media or what I'm using and no one has sent the correct media. Now I just don't do them. :shrug:

jesseu2 said:
thanks man

oops jenny, i thought you were a guy until i got your pm :slant: sorry, lol

but i wanted to ask you... are fuji dvd+r (not dvd-r right?) discs good in your burner?

Last edited:
jesseu2 said:

oops jenny, i thought you were a guy until i got your pm :slant: sorry, lol

No problem! :sexywink:

jesseu2 said:
but i wanted to ask you... are fuji dvd+r (not dvd-r right?) discs good in your burner?

I've only had my burner for about two weeks, so the only brand of DVDR discs I've tried so far is Fuji, and all the discs I've burned have burned ok. And yes, I can only use DVD+R discs in my burner.

So I know Fujifilm DVD+R discs have burned well in my computer.

I hope to be able to experiment with other brands of discs soon. I just went with Fuji initially cuz their CDRs have worked well for me.

Thanks for your advice Lynne. :) We'll see how this B&P offer goes... I'm hoping it will go well. I'd like to make more offers like this in the future.

Back
Top Bottom