New site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisedge

Fan & Taper
Launched a new site, on U2 Video sources. (Would love to get some moderators and people interested in helping track down info on the best sources of video, and sooner or later audio)

Check out

http://www.u2preservation.com

No flames please. This has nothing to do with downloading :)

Site looks good.

A question for you guys (sorry to be devil's advocate) but these top sources you author or find.... Are these to be later traded, shared among the group, or torrented? I agree with your mission statement and your activities, I'm just wondering on what you plan on doing with the end "product"?

(hope this isn't considered flaming, its just that i couldn't help but notice who your most valuable contributor is )

:wink:

The Scientist said:
Site looks good.

A question for you guys (sorry to be devil's advocate) but these top sources you author or find.... Are these to be later traded, shared among the group, or torrented? I agree with your mission statement and your activities, I'm just wondering on what you plan on doing with the end "product"?

(hope this isn't considered flaming, its just that i couldn't help but notice who your most valuable contributor is )

:wink:

No problem. It is just a information site. No hosting, or anything like that. If we knew a recording was approved/not approved for online, I guess we could put that in the info. We have put together a few DVD's that are ok to be shared, but that info has not been included in the files.

I'm sorry I guess I need to be a little more clear. :(

Do you plan on torrenting all these shows you are working on? I'm not an authorer or a video filmer but I am a video trader. I just need to know if you plan on releasing these 'best source' shows in trades or releasing them via torrent.

As an example I'll use the RH community. I trade for quite a bit of Radiohead. Stuff that I've traded for also shows up on torrents all the time. Its nice to torrent completely NEW shows that the filmer decided to release for the first time but on the other hand people deciding to torrent an already circulating and tradable show is kind of a pain, especially if you've just traded for it. Its anti-productive to trade if its going to be shared for free online a week or two later.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm all for projects to get drastically better versions of old, or new multi-cam or unreleased material via torrent (with taper permission) if that is what you do stand for. If you are asking for people to join you need to be clear about what your end goal is. Once you get these best shows what do you plan on doing with them?

Sorry this is coming up and I'm not trying to start another fight but I noticed that u2rulesmyworld (Michael A.) is a prominent member there. My recent and past personal experience with him has been VERY negative to this point. I'm all for changing the past but based on his STG statements he seems to not have grasped any new specific set of ethics. He is an extremely knowledgable person when it comes to video taping and transferring though I admit. I need to know that you guys as a collective have some sort of ethical stance for this group (at least if I'm going to help or trade with you guys directly.)

George Bush could create a "Organization for Saving the Environment" but if Dick Cheney was one of the members I wouldn't be sold. :eyebrow:

Last edited:
I saw some conversations that were already two months old. I didn't understand that part, but other than that I think it's an excellent (interesting) site!

Cool to see that Leehro is part of your community! He's done (and still does) excellent work to spread the Pearl Jam!

Good questions. I think the goal is to just track the best sources, kind of like livenirvana.com does. Now, as an example. One of the folks on there just got done doing June 17 (MSG) and Oct 30 (Mass) and I just got done doing a killer version of the Showtime Popmart show. (DirectTV>SVHS>PC Authored) Now will those all be torrented? I don't like tying my system up for 3+ days while I upload a DVD. I have all three of these shows. Will I take some trades? You bet. But there is no restriction on these 3 shows if someone wants to share them.

The main point is just to track the best source, so if you want a particular show, you know what is the best version (hopefully) around in circulation. It's still a long way off, because many shows still need to be tracked down, and I would like screen shots of every show up there. It really doesn't have to do with the sharing part of trading, it's just for info.

I need to know that you guys as a collective have some sort of ethical stance for this group
You may not believe it, but I have extreme ethics. I have gladly sat on many things that all kind of traders have given me. I do follow any/all rules when I trade. :) But the sites goal doesn't have anything to do with torrenting or online sharing. It's goal is to track sources, and have a forum to trade if thats what you want to do. (Isn't it funny that a Pro-Server guy such as myself, didn't start a online sharing site? I don't want that hassle, believe it or not :) )

Okay thanks, that answers my questions. Appreciate all the work you guys are doing on these upcoming shows. :wink:

I found many familiar names from my trading past on that forum. Good to see everyone is still in love with U2 and trading/sharing! When I finish my thesis in September I think I'll start trading again...

Hi Chrisedge,

I was wondering if you could email me privately
as I have a Great Upgrade on a Show you will want on DVD.
Please Email me from here
gottahavitdvds(at)yahoo(dot)com

Best Regards
MIKE

Back
Top Bottom