Need advice about what to get to finalise my U2 collection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
So far i have:

Rock's hottest ticket

New Years night

Salome outtakes (on its way)

Washington DC

Tel Aviv Popmart

Irving Plaza (also on its way)

Notre Dame webcast show

...i have a 4CD case in which there will be room for 2 more CDs. So i was thinking what else is missing that is essential for any collection? What else could (should) i add?

Should i get something from the UF tour (so that would cover the tours i'm interested in), Popmart Sarajevo (since it's so famously legendary) or... do you have any other ideas?

Looks like you need something from the War tour and the Unforgettable Fire tours.

I would suggest either 5-5-83 Boston or 6-5-83 Red Rocks (the complete version) for the War tour. Both are soundboards and/or broadcasts and are excellent quality. Red Rocks of course is an important and historical U2 show.

Unforgettable fire I would recommend either 2-5-85 Bologna or 3-21-85 Chicago both are great audience recordings. Houston from this tour is also excellent. There is also a complete soundboard of the 10-23-84 Nantes France show from this tour. Has a few pops and fade outs but otherwise it is probebly the best recording from this tour. It is a little more difficult to find however.

Sarajevo is a good show and obviously you would probebly want it for sentimental reasons. However, Bono's voice is not there for that show. Still a great performance but he basically is losing his voice.

Of course there are many more and many other tours to collect.

Good luck!

Last edited:
December 6, 1982. London, England. Hammersmith Palais June 5,1983 Red Rocks Amphitheater
May 6, 1983. Boston, MA. Orpheum Theater
March 21,1985 Chicago, IL
February 29, 1992. Lakeland, FL
August 12, 1993. London, England
April 25, 1997. Las Vegas, NV
September 23, 1997. Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegowina
December 3, 1997. Mexico City
March 24,2001 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I have all of these if you want to do a trade or something
vmanu2@yahoo.com

;)

Good Lord Vman, why on earth are you recommending 4-25-97 Vegas??? Possibly one of the worst U2 performances of all time! It is a good recording quality wise, but man, there are many other Popmart recordings as good quality wise that are fantastic shows as well.

Sao Paulo
Santiago

Just to name a couple.

Blue Room said:
Good Lord Vman, why on earth are you recommending 4-25-97 Vegas??? Possibly one of the worst U2 performances of all time! It is a good recording quality wise, but man, there are many other Popmart recordings as good quality wise that are fantastic shows as well.

Sao Paulo
Santiago

Just to name a couple.
I was mostly doing first shows or well know shows.The 2- 29, 1992. Lakeland, FL is the first zootv show,it's o.k. soundwise but to have the first show,it's something to have.The popmart show is the same way.Yea,they sounded like shiite,but the sound is good and it's a pretty good show.It took me 3 months to find a half-way listenable copy of the Sarajevo show.
U2girl just go with the Red Rocks show. :cool:

Hmmm, i think i'll go with the UF tour, Vman i'll email you.

Anyone here owning the Bologna show? All the setlists of the UF tour shows mentioned here are basically the same but this one includes Party girl.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom