MERGED --> Bono Shades Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On your bottom picture, Bono is wearing Giorgio Armani's 1535.
(the model before the EA 9285). It was during the 2004 or 2005 Grammys, i can't remember exactly, but got some others pics where you see the Giorgio Armani style arms .

And I agree on the fact that Bono is wearing 611 on the Stuck in a moment video. The look like the ones available on Planetglasses.com (type bUlgari 611 on goole to see them) the color is the same for me.

Guess we'll never know ! lol

And i have a question. What are those shades ????

->
Andrea__Bono_S.Tyler__R_n_R_Hall_of_fame_.jpg
Purple giglis ?

From the same event ->
1104713.jpg

These arms make me think those ar no giglis at all... I'm confused.

U2dot said:
Ok, last week i finnally bought the armanis. 6LBD6 - The Green Ones, they are pretty cool.

Now... does anyone know where to find the romeo gigglis used by bono on TOP of the POPS singing elevation?

If i remember correctly they were greens, and i suppose that the model is the same that the badger posted before on the last page of this thread, only his sunglasses have red lenses... anyone?

Romeos 191's in blue on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Genuine-Romeo-G...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180026859912

Hi badger...Yes it's hard not to sound like a total sunglass snob-I feel like a complete idiot going on and on about this 610 topic, but...assuming that the 2nd pic you posted was taken at Slane Castle (jacket, definetly not an indoor show), Bono must be wearing the 611s. There are different pictures from Slane to prove this.

But you're right about the first pic. Uh, oh...these COULD be the 610s. It is not quite the picture to end all discussions (between me and my mate), but at least it is the first picture I'm not sure of after watching it a dozen times, although his shades have slipped down his nose and maybe that's the reason why they don't seem to come higher on the brows. They might be 610s. But then again: they might not.

Any more trainspotters out there?

Thanks to all you folks who rack their brains over this and big ups to everyone going through their picture archives.

If you can deliver any (more) proof of Bono wearing 610s, please post away. Thanks.

the ones above in purple are surely extè. don't know the model, they are old, elevation single era.

I thought the red Bulgaris and pink Bulgari's were different colors.

I hope you don't mind this question but if you don't mind, where did you get the flash grey glasses?

cf said:
the ones above in purple are surely extè. don't know the model, they are old, elevation single era.

Andrea__Bono_S.Tyler__R_n_R_Hall_of_fame_.jpg

the purple ones are GIGLI, don't remember the exact model, but I am sure are GIGLIs.

maybe this ones 560

ROMG_lRG560S.jpg

good looking out for us disciple, looks like a blue of some sorts...here we go again boys!!!
these have to be custom or something new for the 5th leg of the tour????

I saw that a while ago too...:yes: But I thought those were just the regular blue 9285's..

Bono, if you're reading this, please don't do customs anymore like you did with like orange 9285's because people like me thrive for your sunglasses.

Truly yours,

Zach

To Badger or Moonwalker: (or any other willing soul):
Interested in selling your EA 9825 (either green or pink) glasses? Post here and I'll post my email if you are.

no. they are not giglis, they are exte. i saw them in person in a shop in Rome, but they are old.

Sorry, i love those shades, i'm not goin to sell them for now...
I'll keep you informed if I change my mind, but i don't think this will happen soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom