MERGED --> Bono Shades Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will come off, but maybe at the expense of a few lense scratches. To me it looks nothing more than a stamp made of paint.

I don't wanna sound like a cheap-skate. But is there a website where I could by replicas of what Bono wears now?

I can afford the real ones, but I'd be too affraid to wear them incase I might break them. :huh:

The weird part about the Armani sunglasses is that there are only a few colors which could have been ordered earlier without the red logo. For instance Badger I believe received the Rose, Brown, and Grey. I ordered the Rose from 4sunglass early on and they said that I would be able to get the Rose without the logo, but the light green ones (where the logo shows the most) does not seem to have been available without the logo. I really don't think that Bono did this to keep his pair of sunglasses unique, but just to support a good cause.

I aggre with you tbgerry but not at all,if the Armanis come out with a sticker only that would be no problem but you are ruined a beautiful pair of sunglasses with a painted logo on them, you are supporting the cause for purchaising the shades if the shades comes with a painted logo or not that's irrelevant.

But we have a rock star with an exclusive shades (no logo)and a lot of fans with an ugly logo on the shades

P.D. I love Bono and the causes that he support and I know that he doesn'y can do anything about a crappy logo on the shades,it's Armani's fault

I found some replica Bono glasses:

2577-buy.jpg

$19.94 at http://www.impostercity.com/product.php?productid=306&cat=40&page=1

$19.99 at http://www.celebrityglasses.com/bono.asp

What do you think?

Well I was just trying to say that is what mine look like in the sunlight; very similar. In regular light they look almost black, but in direct sunlight (or in Bono's case-flourescent light) they look almost yellow-green.

its been realy cool to wear bonos shades-without logos and they are pretty unique. they have always been as a matter of fact, these are the elevation tour glasses,etc
i feel that the glasses are no longer"special" if anybody can just hunt them down, know they are associated with bono and buy em-not to mention have a big logo on the front of them
-just my opinion

waynetravis said:
I don't wanna sound like a cheap-skate. But is there a website where I could by replicas of what Bono wears now?

I can afford the real ones, but I'd be too affraid to wear them incase I might break them. :huh:

I know what you mean. I was lucky enough to get the rose armanis Bono wears on the Vertigo tour but accidentally stepped on them (long story) and the metal frame was completely bent at a 90 degree angle!

Luckily, the store where I bought them were able to fix them at no charge - you can't even tell they were broken - I was VERY lucky...!lol lesson learned!

Cheers,
Brady

Ebay 9285

I am thinking of buying from 4sunglasses the only 9285 (gray) for sale on Ebay right now. Grey not my favourite color but it doesn't have the red logo on it. Do you guys think it's worth picking up? Has Bono ever worn the Gray one himeself?

I am thinking of buying from 4sunglasses the only 9285 (gray) for sale on Ebay right now. Grey not my favourite color but it doesn't have the red logo on it. Do you guys think it's worth picking up? Has Bono ever worn the Gray one himeself?
i have the faded grey and they are awesome-i like them better then the rose and 4sunglasses is great to deal with-i would get them before you have to buy with the logo on em

brad_39 said:
Well I was just trying to say that is what mine look like in the sunlight; very similar. In regular light they look almost black, but in direct sunlight (or in Bono's case-flourescent light) they look almost yellow-green.

hey Brad question: those green ones you have with the red logo - are the arms gold or silver on those? thx!

bradyvox said:

Luckily, the store where I bought them were able to fix them at no charge - you can't even tell they were broken - I was VERY lucky...!lol lesson learned!

Cheers,
Brady

I think I've used all my 'get out of jail free' cards with that guy - 3 broken Bulgari 519s (what a shitty design), 1 broken Diesel and 1 cracked D&G - just about the only thing I haven't broken or lost is my Romeo Giglis but they're built with steel girders lol

Oh yeah....not to mention my limited edition flash gold/gray 519s that some lucky hotel worker in Philly has been wearing since last May :angry:

gabrielvox said:

I think I've used all my 'get out of jail free' cards with that guy - 3 broken Bulgari 519s (what a shitty design), 1 broken Diesel and 1 cracked D&G - just about the only thing I haven't broken or lost is my Romeo Giglis but they're built with steel girders lol

Oh yeah....not to mention my limited edition flash gold/gray 519s that some lucky hotel worker in Philly has been wearing since last May :angry:

that's hilarious!! I thought I was the only one to break the expensive shades (and I've come close to losing them on sveral occasions too..)...this guy must wonder what the hell we do with them...you need to buy a custom made industrial flight case for all of yours!

My 519s are not in ideal shape and they have a very small crack which I am watching carefully...although luckily they are somewhat passe so I would only wear them for Elevation era shows which isn't too often...

Why can't Bono wear beanies like the Edge? Can't break those! lol..

Wow guys, that's too bad for you to break your sunglasses :(

I've got A pair of Bvlgari 519 which are in perfect condition, a pair of Miumiu 51c (perhaps the most fragile in my opinion) Which are perfect too and the D&G 2138 (gray ones) also ok... I'm so afraid to break them that i always carry them with the case and the cleaning cloth lol

Whatever, does anybody know if the Armani 9285 listed on eBay by 4sunglass are in stock and if it's not just a pre-order ? i mailed him but got no answer :eyebrow:

Hello there
I wonder if someone might be interested in a brand-new never worn ROMEO GIGLI, green lenses-metal frame. check the picture
model 226 color 2M4

RG2262M4a.jpg

The only detail is that the original case is missed, in replacement I give them with an original Polo Ralph Lauren case (also in the photo)

RG2262M4b.jpg

anyone interested drop me an email u2paddy@yahoo.ie
I am in Mexico City.
I can ship them via UPS or DHL (about $30 USD)

The price for the shades is $110

I agree Thomas! Nice shot! Those grey glasses are really cool, I also bought'em from 4 sunglass about a month ago and they are really hot!

Juan Jose

Big News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That ass ugly logo does come off.......I took a piece of Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and after about 2 mins of working on it, it was totally gone. No lense scratches either. Take a look.
nologo004.jpg

Wow, that's awesome news. Those magic eraser really work magic. Hopefully, Armani wont make the logo
harder to remove for thire future production.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom