Magazine appearances for Larry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
Does anybody remember if/when Larry has ever had a cover story or appearance in a drumming magazine such as Modern Drummer? I wanted to check about getting a back issue from e-bay or something if I can get the date somewhere.

"I invented Cool"
Larry Mullen Jr.

My brother is a drummer and I think he had that issue at one time... I think it was in the mid to late 80's. I don't know if larry was on the cover of this one.

KU

[This message has been edited by Kid Ubiquity (edited 09-13-2000).]

Larry was featured in the Aug 1985 Modern Drummer (was on the cover) and NEVER since!

I thought that was a bit lame as since the Unforgettable Fire tour... the last feature... U2'd made a few GREAT records!

I contacted Modern Drummer in 2003. The Editor himself E-Mailed me backa nd said that he loved U2 and that they'd tried to do a cover/feature article with him a few times.

He said that in 2001, they were to take photos and interview him before the Elevation San Diego show but that Larry cancelled at the last minute and never rescheduled.

I am not surprised as Larry doesn't see himself as a 'technical' drummer and said in the 1985 article that he'd never do 'this' again.

^ hahah.
i actually have all the scans to this magazine
i'll post them =)
some are pretty small and unreadable (probably my fault when i saved them, sorry! ) but others are decent i guess.

Last edited:
moderndrummercover.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

I have another one from Rhythm....give one moment and Ill post the scannsss.....the quality is not that good to tell u the truth but maybe u can find it somewhere

Back
Top Bottom