Los Angeles 11/18/87 DVD for trade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

u2rulesmyworld

Refugee
Email: u2_rules_my_world@yahoo.com

Master>SVHS>Dig8>DVDr

PC Authored, Complete show, high bit rate, 1 disc, menu's and artwork, does not include Dalton Brothers

I am the Original source of this, it was suppose to be kept rare but it got in the hands of the wrong person and is now beginning to circulate. I am looking for things i do not have in trade.

I WILL NOT trade for VHS or Audio, I will not B&P. Please dont waste my time or yours asking.

Other available things(incomplete list) :
(all things listed are from Best possible sources)
U2 New York, Irving Plaza 12/5/00, 1 disc
11/4/81 Berlin Germany, Proshot TV, great Quality
08/20/83 Loreley, German TV, Proshot
00/00/83 US Festival, AMAZING Quality
7/4/87 Paris Fr, unreleased Proshot, multiple angles, 2 disc set
10/9/87 Syracuse NY, unreleased Proshot, multiple angles, 1 disc
00/00/87 Rattle and Hum Outtakes, various footage shot for Rattle and Hum movie but not used, about 8 hours of footage, 4 disc set
(see below for more info)
Adelaide 11/16/93, unreleased Proshot, multiple angles, 1 disc
Sydney 11/27/93, Laserdisc>DVD transfer, amazing Quality,
Notre Dame 10/10/01, Single Cam Proshot, Great Quality
9/1/01 Slane Castle, Partial footage aired on CBS, 1 hour

Audience shots:
(all master>DVD)
10/30/01 Providence
12/2/01 Miami 2 cam
4/24/01 Anaheim
6/17/01 MSG NY, Incomplete but Great Footage, Gone-Walk-on
8/6/01 Antwerp
7/18/01 Paris Fr

PLEASE do not send me trade list that do not include geneology or information about quality. I send Quality stuff and i expect Quality in return.

I have approximately 100 other U2 shows on DVD(or clones of masters), the stuff above is just a partial list.

Rattle and Hum: This 4 disc set is sourced from the original set of 4 VHS tapes that was leaked to a guy named Tracy, he circulated the footage on VHS back in the day, it has been fragmented and recirculated but i located the guy and arranged for it to be transferred to DVD. It is all footage that was originally leaked to him plus 45 minutes that he never shared until these DVD's.
Geneology: Master>VHS>DVDr(standalone)

If you are looking for the best quality for Rattle and Hum, this is the set you want, others have transferred 2nd gen VHS to DVD and such and some may have this set since i have shipped copies.

Last edited:
Oh yes I am sure it is very good quality, but alas how would the common person ever get to see it? Since we would not have something to trade that he/she doesn't already have and he/she is not willing to do b&p. :shrug:

EPandAmerica said:
Oh yes I am sure it is very good quality, but alas how would the common person ever get to see it? Since we would not have something to trade that he/she doesn't already have and he/she is not willing to do b&p. :shrug:

I started with nothing and never received a B&P and now i have 100's of videos and over 400 shows on CDr, instead of whining, get into trading circles and find someone that will B&P or go on ebay and buy something tradable.

Oh I have most of what you listed above on vhs. I am just now building up a dvd collection at the price of around $20.00 a dvd.

I guess I just have a problem with you coming here with all your demands. Can't you go to your trading circle with your request?

I guess your post just left a bitter taste in my mouth, it was so demanding with out a please or thank you to be seen. Oh wait I do see a /PLEASE don't/ up there.

sorry for the whining.

Yours truly,
EPandAmerica ----> who buys the stuff and then just gives it away. :wave:

EPandAmerica said:
Oh I have most of what you listed above on vhs. I am just now building up a dvd collection at the price of around $20.00 a dvd.

I guess I just have a problem with you coming here with all your demands. Can't you go to your trading circle with your request?

I guess your post just left a bitter taste in my mouth, it was so demanding with out a please or thank you to be seen. Oh wait I do see a /PLEASE don't/ up there.

sorry for the whining.

Yours truly,
EPandAmerica ----> who buys the stuff and then just gives it away. :wave:

I do tend to be demanding and to the point, I have given plenty away but unfortuneately as I am sure you are aware generosity is rarely appreciated. I like to trade and yes i am tough to trade with but in order to make new contacts i have to try and find new trades at places like this.

LOL, what most of you dont realize is that this very person sold this same DVD for $500 to $1000 each to "supposedly" 3 or 4 individuals under the condition they dont trade it further.

Now, this same individual is posting the same show for trade. NICE

If you think he is going to do a B and P or trade for anything you have you are mistaken. He is posting this to send a message to someone that he thinks may have leaked this show. So dont waste your time.

MA, I think you are wrong about this leaking. But continue, basically you are showing that if you offer stuff like this for sale again, you cannot be trusted. Even if someone didnt keep their word it is ridiculous for you to be offering it up.

*Wolverine* said:
LOL, what most of you dont realize is that this very person sold this same DVD for $500 to $1000 each to "supposedly" 3 or 4 individuals under the condition they dont trade it further.

Now, this same individual is posting the same show for trade. NICE

If you think he is going to do a B and P or trade for anything you have you are mistaken. He is posting this to send a message to someone that he thinks may have leaked this show. So dont waste your time.

MA, I think you are wrong about this leaking. But continue, basically you are showing that if you offer stuff like this for sale again, you cannot be trusted. Even if someone didnt keep their word it is ridiculous for you to be offering it up.

You are correct, i paid $1000 to receive the SVHS master of this and i resold 2 copies to recoup that cost, it was sold under the condition that it not be traded but that request was not honored and now it is in circulation, As far as if i can be trusted, do you think this is the only rare U2 Video i have? nope, this is just the one i got screwed on. I will admit i showed bad judgement selling a copy to JM, i didnt need the money and should not have offered him the show, from the second he got it i knew he would treat it like a bartering tool.

And you are correct, when you pay $1000 for something you are not inclined to B&P it out to someone have not who snivels

To those of you that think paying for bootlegs is wrong, this show would not have seen circulation if i had not paid $1000, and Irving Plaza would not have gotten out if myself and a partner had not paid $3500. YES thirty five hunderd dollars!
Sometimes the things you want cost money, just a fact of life.

what a pity...U2 bootleg are not free, please Bono come on and find where those guys who sell one of your show for 1000$ park their cars!

:eyebrow:

u2rulesmyworld said:

You are correct, i paid $1000 to receive the SVHS master of this and i resold 2 copies to recoup that cost, it was sold under the condition that it not be traded but that request was not honored and now it is in circulation, As far as if i can be trusted, do you think this is the only rare U2 Video i have? nope, this is just the one i got screwed on. I will admit i showed bad judgement selling a copy to JM, i didnt need the money and should not have offered him the show, from the second he got it i knew he would treat it like a bartering tool.

And you are correct, when you pay $1000 for something you are not inclined to B&P it out to someone have not who snivels

To those of you that think paying for bootlegs is wrong, this show would not have seen circulation if i had not paid $1000, and Irving Plaza would not have gotten out if myself and a partner had not paid $3500. YES thirty five hunderd dollars!
Sometimes the things you want cost money, just a fact of life.

Well, aren't you just full of shit?

LA 87

Hi,
I would like to get this DVD From you as well as others of U2
I do have a Large collection & would at least get this one.
Heres my list Please email back off the list w/ Yes / No..
/tinpan.fortunecity.com/ambiemt/339/

Please Email me back & Thanks for Sharing the Music!
Regards
MIKE

Well personally though I prefer the attitude of share the wealth I can understand that since you spent that kinda money ud want a return but no offense but ya gotta be a little more kinder.

Hey Wolverine, u2_rules_my_world is right; the guy in Canada is the one who traded and circulated copies of the LA DVD. Once it was leaked why WOULDN'T u2_rules_my_world try to trade the show? Eventually, everyone is going to have it anyway so why not try to trade it before everyone does? In fact, a LOT of people have it already. I wonder if Shirk... and Ratlenhum and Sbaby have the LA show yet!!!??

Yeah, to be a trader of quality stuff you have to be demanding. It means nothing that a show is on DVD-- you have to know the exact lineage. If you want to trade good stuff you must be able to offer masters/DV clones or upgraded generations of proshots (Vegas 97, Edmonton 97, Foxboro 97, DC 92). It is pretty much as simple as that.

Why would you pay $1000 for a U2 show on DVD. THat is insane. I mean, I love U2, but how the hell can you just throw money around like that, and then not want to trade.

Hmm, I'am aware of the full story behind this also. The selling part is true and it does appear that the source of selling this DVD is the one offering it up here. So I would have to agree that it is kind of ridiculous under those circumstances that this source after charging 3 or 4 people ridiculous amounts for a DVD and saying they wouldnt trade it is NOW offering it up on every single U2 trading site. Even if it is leaked, that is shitty anyway you slice it and this dudes name is being spread like the plague. I guess its good in a way because no one will ever purchase this stuff from this guy again. Because even though he indicates someone else is not keeping their word, there is NO doubdt he is not keeping his.

I know who else is involved here as well and who did these transfers and they post here as well. So I guess next you will be offering up your Daltons footage for $1000 a pop, right? Then when you make 3 or 4 grand you will say it is leaked and offer it for open trade. NICE

Its also a very nice coincidence that every person defending the source has one post and recently registered. Hmmm, interesting

Last edited:
I just can't believe that there is U2 footage out there that is 16 years old and only has been available to a select few until now.

:| :| :| x 1,000,000,000

My first three U2 concerts were Oct. 2,3, & 4th of 1989. I went from Texas to Brisbane, Australia because I had to see this band live since I missed the JT tour, the next opportunity was LoveTown.
On the third night I got to go up to the stage and give Bono roses. I won't go in to details here but it was an awesome experience for me. Back in those days without internet, it was quite hard to find people to trade with or do b&ps.
When I got back home from that concert, I wrote to several Austrailian fanzines and even put an ad in a Brisbane newspaper, just begging for anyone that had photos or a video of that concert to get in touch with me. I wanted so badly to have my memories in some sort of format. Nothing ever came of it. I did eventually get all three concerts on audio cassette tapes, that to this day mean the world to me.
Anyway my point is, if I ever found out that there was indeed a video tape of that night in existence and it was only in the hands of a few secretive elite individuals it would tear my fucking heart out!!!!

So to all you traders out there, if you have Oct 4, 1989 on video or dvd, please conctact me because I will pay $1,000.00 to have it!!!!!

I would agree with Lynne that this is better to be discussed elsewhere. But the source and original poster of this thread opened themselves up for it by starting the thread to begin with. He has also done the same thing on a couple of others sites.

The two major problems I have with this whole thing is the fact that this source was/is selling at exorbitant prices saying they were not trading it, then offer it for trade because they "think" someone they sold it to leaked it. I'am completely against selling anyway in any form. I dont have a problem with the rare trades part of it. But the selling and keeping your word part are very bad. Mike, just so you know you didnt have the exclusive copies of this film. If your source for it told you this they were bsing you. It has been out there for awhile, where do you think the soundboard audio that has been out their for years came from ?

hi blueroom,
can you contact me please? have you got some U2 DVD to trade?
you can find mine at my website :)

bye

It isn't out of the hands of fans anymore which is why MA was trying to quickly trade it. I know tons of traders who have that show.

$40 is ridiculous (that's what it was at when I looked). You can buy a DVD burner for four times that price and start trading for it. Geez, that just discusts me.

well, remember. A deal was made, someone broke that deal. There is actually more to the story than is even in here. And the seller kept his end of the deal until the one buyer didn't. But I could care less, it all gets out sooner or later.

While I'm totally against selling, it's funny that people rag on sellers so much, but never question the folks that buy it. It takes two people for a transaction folks. If there was no market, no one could sell.

As far as ebay goes, it's the biggest scam on the internet, all ebay cares about is getting paid. (I sell legit stuff on ebay and love it, but it is a place for boot sellers to live. I have given up on reporting and worrying about it)

Edited to remove some stupid remark by myself. :)

Blue Room said:
The two major problems I have with this whole thing is the fact that this source was/is selling at exorbitant prices saying they were not trading it, then offer it for trade because they "think" someone they sold it to leaked it.

It can be completely traced who leaked it. And the buyer released what he got, the seller didn't release (at least to the point of the LA JT DVD) what he got out of it (it was more than money)

Blue Room said:
Mike, just so you know you didnt have the exclusive copies of this film. If your source for it told you this they were bsing you. It has been out there for awhile, where do you think the soundboard audio that has been out their for years came from ?

Other than the Irving Plaza footage, I have never seen a better source for a non released show than this. There was a PAL version floating around before this one, but looked like crap.

And obviously, the person who released the SBD audio never had any intention of letting the video out past his rare trading buddies. (If he even did that)

edited to add one more point.
I think it's kind of bad people calling out the seller in this case and not the buyer. He is the one that went outside of the deal the two had made. MA had nothing to again other than some non-rare trades by posting after JM released it.

Last edited:
Chrisedge, just because YOU didnt see or hear of a version as good does NOT mean it was not out there (man is that weak). If you think one person had this thing the whole time you are extremely naive. Think about it, why would a dude in Australia have JT stuff? Because he got it elsewhere. Now Lovetown, that would make more sense. Not alot of people had it, but it was more than 2, thats all I will say.

So now you are trying to justify selling because it is those damn consumers fault! If no one was selling, they couldnt purchase could they?? Thats like saying, its not those good natured crack dealers that are to blame, its those crack addicts that buy it! So lay off those crack dealers and dont point the blame at them!!!

If the purchaser broke their word and you have solid proof of it (not hearsay) then you are right, they are very bad and their name deserves to be spread as someone that doesnt keep their word. But like I said, the seller without a doubdt is breaking their word by doing this. That is 100% for sure, just by starting this thread. Now if MA is going to refund the other purchasers because of this, that is different. Somehow I doubdt he will though.

I'am done talking about this though on here. ChrisEdge if you want to discuss it further you have my email address.

Last edited:
not being privvy to the details of the spat that started this thread, these comments arent? directed at any one specifically.

regardless of who did and didn?t have copies in the past, it was only very recently, for whatever reason, that the los angeles 1987 proshot was widely available. and, to echo chrisedge, it takes 2 to seal a transaction. this isn't to say that it's OK to "blame the consumer"---but comparing buying and selling a dvd to buying and selling crack is nonsensical. to some extent it's a matter of complicity--like when people are shocked at indonesian factory workers making five cents an hour, but hte same people turn around and pay $100 for precious nikes.

the general problem that?s pervaded the u2 trading world over the past few years is the breakdown of trust. it?s sad, becuase what has happened in the audio realm is already happening in the video/dvd realm?certain things won?t see the light of day. it?s been said before, but the shows have to come from somewhere. and while the original poster in this thread certainly isn?t the source of all shows, he has done a lot of hard work to gather various shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom