Looking to trade for a very early boot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

critter

The Fly
I'd like to trade for a very early U2 boot. I was intrigued by the Cork Opera House one of 1979. Both traders who have it say that the sound quality isn't too good. Are there any good quality boots of that or other concerts of similar vintage? I can be reached at khattis@aol.com.

I have that one, 10/5/79 and it sounds like the chipmunks are singing it. I have heard that there is a slowed down version out there, but i have yet to come across it.

If you track it down, please post.

Brian

I just found out that the copy I'm thinking of trading for needs to be slowed down by 124%! I wonder if it will sound like your copy, Mulholland Drive, if I'm able to slow it down!

The sound quality on this one is pretty bad. My copy seems to be at normal speed, but it's in mono, so the sound only comes out of one channel.

Thanks for telling me, Bri2k, what kind of sound problem it was. Have you tried playing it at a different speed? Does it sound normal then? I have the Macast player on my IMAC. My sons like to play around with the speed changer.

Critter,

That is the copy I have. I dl the trial version of Goldwave but I cannot figure out how to slow it down by 124% percent. If anyone knows how to do it, I will re-record it at a slower speed.

Brian

I have received instructions on how to slow it down, however, I will not be able to do it until this weekend when I am back at my home computer. I will have it after that.

Brian

Well, I have finally slowed down this recording by 124%. It still sounds like crap, but not as crappy. Honestly, it sounds like it is slowed down too much, but honestly, it is such a poor recording that I do not care to play around with it.
Anyway, you can get it from me off of Direct Connect.

Brian

Thanks for getting back to me, Brian. I got in contact with someone on another forum that I might trade with. She says her copy has no major problems, though it sounds old. I'll post here again about how it sounds if I wind up getting it. I'm not very familiar with Direct Connect. Is it easy to use, and compatible with Macs?

Back
Top Bottom