Looking for 1980 Concert Recording

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bayoudoc

Babyface
Hello all,

I am currently editing a documentary slated for PBS broadcast (upon completion) about the old Bayou nightclub located in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington D.C. until it was torn down in 1999. This club had a long-standing musical history, but it became especially big during the rock 'n roll era -- U2 played their second-ever US show there on December 7th 1980, the night after playing the Ritz.

I am looking for an audio copy of that show, if anyone owns it, as well as a copy of the opening minutes from a show U2 played at the Verizon Center back in the early 2000s (also in DC) in which Bono gives a shout out to the old nightclub. I would gladly pay for shipping or downloading costs. I at one point owned the tapes but they were misplaced during our office move. I would really, really appreciate the help.

If you have a copy of either show or have any info on where I could find them, please email: metrote@yahoo.com. The company who is spearheading the project is Metro Teleproductions, Inc. and we're based out of Silver Spring, MD. We've been working on this documentary, gathering footage and slowly piecing the puzzle together off and on for a decade now, but we've come to the final stretch! The doc is self-financed and so we've really had to rely on fans of the bands that have graced the historical stage.

Please help!

Metro

Back
Top Bottom