Linking to eBay auctions is against the rules!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
A Gentle Reminder from the Interference.com Team

Recently the moderators have noticed several people advertising outside sales in this forum. We would like to remind you that this is strictly against Interference policy. You are certainly more than welcome to offer U2 memorabilia for sale or trade here, but simply advertising an auction or any other outside sale is forbidden. Appropriate action will be taken upon those who do not abide by these conditions. Please see the FAQs for our complete list of rules and guidlines. You may also contact any of the moderators for advice if you are unsure if your post is appropriate.

I'd also like to please remind everyone that this forum is only for buying/selling/trading of U2 merchandise. If you are requesting an mp3, PLEASE place those requests in the appropriate forum.

Also, please remember that this forum is only for U2 merchandise/memorabilia/etc. Thanks!

all we're asking is for you not to use this forum to advertise an off-site sale somewhere. no linking to ebay auctions, etc.

you're certainly more than welcome to sell stuff here though. :wave:

Yeah, I did read correctly in the Babyface forum...this place can get weird...:laugh:

So is this the right forum to ask where I can get copies of old U2 cds like Boy, War and so on?

i changed the thread title to be less ambiguous so there's even less chance of a misunderstanding about this policy.

you can't link to an ebay (or any other site) auction, nor can you say "i have an item up for auction on ebay, search for this and this." it's strictly against the rules.

Hey guys i know i posted a link here for ebay but isnt it hard to sell something here? I mean you have to be a premium member just to pm someone.

I have a question,

Usually ebay comes up in the sunglass forum because not just of a person selling them, but someone wanting to show another person something they found. Couldn't the rule just be set to the first post of a new topic?

that can be tricky. it is okay to link to an auction if it's not something you're selling. like in that instance, you'd just be like "hey i found what you're looking for on ebay. try this auction." which is fine.

but if people try to go around the rules by posting links to auctions that are actually theirs, then of course that's against the rules.

sorry that was so long :huh: but long story short, yes what you said is fine. it's just advertising them that's against the rules. :)

i dont get it, whats the difference. in fact selling on ebay is safer than here. what if you are a maniac who wants to rip someone off? at least ebay offers protection. isnt selling old U2 stuff the point of this thread? why would it be "forbidden"?

Unless it violates some internet law, it seems pretty arbitrary, just another stupid hurdle people have to jump over to get stuff done.

Just asking. Because I want to sell something here on ebay but people may feel like they could get ripped off if I just sold it via this forum, whereas ebay has protection?? So why cant I post a link?

i dont get it, whats the difference. in fact selling on ebay is safer than here. what if you are a maniac who wants to rip someone off? at least ebay offers protection. isnt selling old U2 stuff the point of this thread? why would it be "forbidden"?

Unless it violates some internet law, it seems pretty arbitrary, just another stupid hurdle people have to jump over to get stuff done.

Just asking. Because I want to sell something here on ebay but people may feel like they could get ripped off if I just sold it via this forum, whereas ebay has protection?? So why cant I post a link?

Because we are not a selling site. We are a U2 community and if we allowed every Tom Dick and Harry to come here solely to post their ebay auctions then it would turn into a spam site. Out of a courtesy to other U2 fans and friends here we allow trading and selling of U2 collectibles between members. This is a privately owned and operated forum with rules that you agreed to abide by upon registration. If you've registered here just to sell your stuff and not to partake in U2 discussions then perhaps you've come to the wrong place.

oop! well im in the right place because i definitely i love u2. unfortunately nothing else can be said until we've experienced a u2 concert. but until then, no ads! thanks bro! :D

Back
Top Bottom