Just found my Blood Red Sky vinyl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
Had a great 30th birthday surprise today, my sister bought me a record player and my Dad dug out a box of records from the loft which contained all my U2 vinyl. So tonight I have abandoned my CDs and all modern kit and am playing records. The

UABRS LP was given to my brother as a gift in 1983 and to be honest I hated U2 at the time and, sharing a bedroom with him had to listen to UABRS constantly...eventually it stuck and here I am on interference 21 years later.

I don't know if I'm being nostalgic but the 'original' record sounds different, better, than the CD to me.

The record also has the ad-lib bit of Electric Co. (westside story?)which was apparently removed for legal reasons from later prints. I remember reading ages ago that these are quite rare copies? Anybody know if that's true? I'm sure that there are 1000s of copies out there, but it would be nice to think that I have a rareity :)

Cheers,
Jim (about to listen to 'J Swallow' for the first time in 15 years...I hope it sounds better now than it did then!)

I'm half your age and I've decided to get in there quickly before all U2's LPs become antiques!,I bought UABRS on Vinyl for ?1 in great condition at a Record Shop in Bristol simply because I don't like listening to CDs, I prefer my Record Player by far, but the best bit was listening to The Electric Co. the way it was meant to be...ILLEGALLY! With both the 'America' and 'Send in the Clowns' Snippets. Really did make my day when I got that LP.

As for the rarity, I'm quite sure Jim. Sorry! It is indeed rarer and worth a bit more than later pressings of the LP, but I don't know. There may have been quite a large number of LPs pressed originally, as they weren't actually contemplating Steven Sondheim coming up to them and saying, "Stop stealing my song!" so it wouldn't be worth THAT much, if it's in mint cond. etc, maybe...I really don't know.

Back
Top Bottom