Joshua Tree Los Angeles Coliseum Video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisedge

Fan & Taper
The soundboard recording of this (November 18, 1987)
is from a proshot video tape. Anyone ever heard of
this surfacing in video form? Got a copy?

The Dalton Brothers played at that show too, any
footage of them exist in concert form?

Please email me directly with ANY information you
might have about this...
-Chrisedge

responses like this make me remind myself not to ask for u2 vcd's in these forums again. either it costs alot of money for a bootleg, of all things, or people don't give enough response or elaboration. this frustrates the hell out of me. oh well. i'll live.

icelle said:
responses like this make me remind myself not to ask for u2 vcd's in these forums again. either it costs alot of money for a bootleg, of all things, or people don't give enough response or elaboration. this frustrates the hell out of me. oh well. i'll live.
Don't get discouraged, Icelle. Most people are pretty helpful on these forums. It's just that sometimes we post before we have our coffee and then we can't take it back :)

And usually, the VCDs are traded pretty freely. It's the DVD which still cost because the media is so much more expensive along with the drives required to copy them. But, somewhere along the line, it will get transferred from DVD to VCD and you'll see it making it's rounds. We all just need to be patient.

Well, Icelle you have to remember that this show isn't circulating. I see Lynne, Sisy and many others offer up freebies and B&P's all the time of shows that are available.

I specially asked about this show because:
#1 a fairly high quality audio bootleg supposedly came from a proshot video that I've never seen circulated.
#2 Several other Joshua Tree shows were sourced from Proshot videos, and they haven't circulated. (Dec 19, 1987, etc)
#3 I was looking to see if any video of the Dalton Brothers has ever surfaced (actual concert footage)
#4 I was at this show.

I did find out some information, while it might not help get these shows circulating, it did answer some of my questions (no thanks to Blue Room :) )

Long story short, it sounds like someone paid alot of money to get this, and it isn't gonna be out there anytime soon.

i was at the show on november 18. it was also my first u2 concert. i thought it would be cool if i had a copy, but from what you tell me, its not going to be out there anytime soon. thats too bad. the thing that bothers me most, is that the post before mine. it just rubs me the wrong way. kind of like "i have it and you don't nya nya" kind of post. thanks u2lynne and chrisedge for your responses.

icelle said:
i was at the show on november 18. it was also my first u2 concert. i thought it would be cool if i had a copy, but from what you tell me, its not going to be out there anytime soon. thats too bad.
Most things show up sooner or later. If you've already waited 15+ years, what's another couple of years. If you paid $1000 for a video, would you just start to freely circulate it or would you try to get back some of your expenses first? Just be patient.

if i had the money, tools, and the equipment to do that, i think i would circulate vcd's. but then, some people would then pop up and say "yeah you say that now but wait til you start to incur expenses and stuff" so i guess i shouldnt talk. lots of time, travel, expenses are incurred doing the things i would love to do.
i admire and love those who put out vcd's for circulation.

im sorry if my posts are coming off as a rant.

Well, let me say this. I spent over $1300 for my recording equipment. I taped 3 U2 shows with it as soon as I got it. I spread them freely. I can continue to tape shows with it.

That said, if I spend $350, $1000 for a single show, I would most definitely try and get other rare shows out of that investment. (I would not spend that kind of money anyways and most people that do are usually looking to sell a few copies to make their money back) So in that sense, don't be mad at u2please, if he/she spend the big bucks to have it, they can hold out if they want. It's not like they started this thread and gloated about having it. He/she just answered my question.

Back
Top Bottom