info about taping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Into The Light

The Fly
hello all, think it s the good forum to ask.
i am a dvd trader, and i never went to a U2 show, but with the next tour coming I ll be in paris and see U2 on stage :)
Some great audience recordings have been done (for exemple the 2 paris 2001 shows, and many more, from every tour)
I'd like to know how tapers do, which material is needed in order to tape a show in perfect condition, and where to buy it, or rent it.
also how to hide it?

I would also like advice from people that had already filmed a U2 concert, because i ll have a great video camera (you know the Austin 2001 concert?? the quality of the image whould be equal or better), and maybe i will bring it in paris..so it will be possible to create a multi angles audience show. but i have no clue how to enter with the camera and hide it in order to film the whole show.

I know also a video from the joshua tree tour, 2 guys filmed from the crowd in front of the stage, the video is amazing, but it mustn t be easy to film?? it s necessary to be in the stands i think, no?

you can contact me here : ellenumae ... wanadoo.fr

thanks, any help will be appreciated! ;-)

getting a good video takes practice and experience, too hard to list everything you would need to know here. As the next tour comes closer there are plans to educate people on good techniques for filming. This info will be disiminated on www.u2preservation.com (sorry for the shameless plug)

BTW the guy that filmed austin had filmed about 60 other shows(non u2) b4 he shot that one... oh and there is a PC authored version with better sound being created in the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom