I want to buy your Irish Falcon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skoobz

The Fly
Yes. YOU.

If you have an Irish Falcon and would consider selling it, please PM me with the likely excessive price it would take to pry it from you.

Yes. YOU.

If you have an Irish Falcon and would consider selling it, please PM me with the likely excessive price it would take to pry it from you.

If money's not an object (think in the 5Gs range last I heard), contact Gretsch. You can have one made. If not exactly like it, pretty darn close.

No, really, you can.

If money's not an object (think in the 5Gs range last I heard), contact Gretsch. You can have one made. If not exactly like it, pretty darn close.

No, really, you can.

I've looked into that option a bit through a shop that does HUGE Gretsch volumes. I can't get an answer whether or not the fretboard would have the inlaid signature. I've got a dealer scouring the east coast to no avail so far. As cool as a custom would be, unless it's identical to the real run of IF's, I wouldn't want it.

I'm considering looking into the Gretsch-ified Tele from the thread about Bono's new guitar, but I really prefer the Falcon.

I'm considering looking into the Gretsch-ified Tele from the thread about Bono's new guitar, but I really prefer the Falcon.

I'm personally drooling over the Tele. The Falcon, on me, would look like most hollow-bodies of that size: ridiculously huge. The Tele is a nicer size for lightweights like me :wink:

I'm personally drooling over the Tele. The Falcon, on me, would look like most hollow-bodies of that size: ridiculously huge. The Tele is a nicer size for lightweights like me :wink:

The Falcon seems just right for me...

But my dreams seem to be just that... :crack:

Saw u2 in Nashville just a few days ago (July 2nd) and at the end, Bono brought a blind guy up from the front row (he was holding a sign that said "BLind GUitar Player") to let him play a song (he chose to play "All i want is you" .) He was SUPER nervous... anyways... Bono had his tech go grab his personal Falcon and he let the guy play that guitar... Bono Sang a verse or 2 and a chorus.. Larry Mullen came in about half way as did Adam Clayton .. (Edge jumped on piano) .. after they played part of that song... Bono took the guitar back from the guy.. and then told him he could have the guitar.!!!!!! holy cow!!!!!!!!!!! Could you imagine!!!!!????? He gave HIS guitar to that guy!!!! https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=186268488095045&oid=5678046685&comments

haha doubt it.. im friends with him on facebook.. he's holding onto that guitar pretty tight.. lol

There HAS to be someone out there who wants to turn a tidy profit on that Irish Falcon they bought and now it's just causing clutter in their music room... :wave:

Yeah... somebody would sale.. but i mean.. money talks ya know.. and im sure if i had one and somebody offered ME 100,000 for one id take it :) lol..

I'd check Gretsch Pages, and Gretsch Talk sites. I bet you can find someone willing to sell on there every so often.

No luck on the Gretsch forums I've tried so far...

As a "stopgap", I got a quote on getting a Fender Custom Shop build of the Gretschified Tele that Bono had made... yeah... that'd be around $12,000+. So the Gretsch hunt continues...

I saw an Irish Falcon on a site once for around 4,000$ I think. I forget the site.

Been a month, time for a bump. Just in case anyone who has one is on the fence about selling, if it's in like new condition, we can start the discussion at $5000... :hmm:

they DO exist...

247492_1908394987304_1164711923_31905465_2349573_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom