I need your advice about certain Elevation bootlegs that caught my eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I've been thinking about a first leg bootleg with Angel of Harlem/All i want is you both in the setlist.

So far, the most appealing seem:

San Jose 20 April

Anaheim 26 April

Chicago 16 May

The first two also have In a little while, which is a bonus, but on the other hand, Chicago has the most songs played plus WOW@at that mix-up setlist.

Which should i choose?

I'm somewhat impartial cause i was at the chicago show and let me tell you it was an absolutly amazing experience cause they played so many AB songs in a while 0 you had no idea what else was coming (I was personally praying for Velvet Dress).
None of those shows have any super nice quality recording available (yet) - but why not all 3?

Well i've been looking at mofo.com and San Jose show is rated best out of these, but also, Chicago is very praised for its setlists.

Maybe i should get both of these? (which leads to the embarassing part of me forgetting to ask if anyone here has this shows to share in the first place)

Actually there is an absolutely excellent version of the 4-20-01 San Jose show. I believe it is called "Shine Like Stars" or something like that. It is such a good audience recording alot of people thought it might be a soundboard (which it is not).

The Chicago 4 recording isnt fantastic but it isnt bad either. Why limit yourself, I would go for both! LOL

I have the 4-20-01 show and i also went to that show! That bootleg is really good. I would go with that one bc it also as Stay on it which was the first time the band play a Zooropa Song ever in America!

As long as i'm here, what's the best bootleg of a show with Slow dancing included? (never heard that song, so i'm curious)

31 October show in Providence setlist is pretty interesting, as is the one from 16 November show in Oakland. Or should i try some other show?

I'm also not impartial, since I went to the San Jose show. It was awesome! First time that Kite and Stay were played for the Elevation tour. There is also a *great* boot out of the show. Look for the one recorded using Schoeps MK4s mics. It is sometimes called The Last of the Rock Stars.

Back
Top Bottom