I got a Man Ray boot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travu2

The Fly
I just swung by my favorite record store and found 3 great bootlegs!! ..sort of. Two of em were only 9.99, and one,PJ, was only 8.99!
1) U2 - live at the Man Ray, Paris, 10-19-00
Title: U2 Live at the Man Ray - Invitation

Quality: It's a great audience (of course), but the audience is often louder than the band, and the music is very muddy. You can hear most of the things Bono says onstage, but just barely. Unfortunately, there is a lot of skipping during almost every song of the concert on this particular disk.
frown.gif
frown.gif
If a store has a CD player that you can use to listen to used cds before you by them, take advantage of it. I usually do, but I was so excited I didn't bother.. however, there is no skipping during the bonus tracks.

Bonus tracks:
- AIWIY - San Remo Festival, Italy (2:52)
- TGBHF - San Remo Festival, Italy (3:35)
- New Day - Bono with Wyclef Jean at Net Aid (4:32)
- One (with orchestra)- Bono at Net Aid (5:29) "All you need is love.. and some comprehensive technology."
- She's a Mystery to Me (hidden track)- This is Bono and Edge in front of a small audience, which you can hear clapping at the end. A woman with an English accent starts talking with them just before it cuts out, so I'm thinking it was done on a talk show maybe? Anyone know where and when this is?

Quality of bonus tracks: The first 2 are Great!! Very crisp and clear! The second 2 are also very clear, and the audience isn't that loud at all, which is bad and good I guess; It's too bad not more people showed up at that Net Aid concert.
There is a ~1 second blurb of static about 25 sec. into One.
The hidden track is very excellent quality as well.

No skipping on these!

2) Radiohead - various live songs, including some rare ones
Title: English Civil War

Excellent quality overall. It sounds like many might be soundboard recordings.

3) PJ Harvey - live at the Mayan Theatre, LA, 5-18-95
Title: Mayan Monstas

This is an excellent audience recording! I have another PJ boot, and she is fantastic on both of em. This woman has an INCREDIBLE voice.

If anyone has any questions at all about these bootlegs just send me an email: travu2@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 02-14-2001).]

She's A Mystery to Me is from a ATYCLB promo show U2 played at BBC (I think it was BBC anyway)... It was before the album was released.

Thanks for the link, zooropa1993. I might just do that, although I rarely use my computer to listen to music. It's very slow and it takes forever to download. I have downloaded some other U2 stuff that hopefully one day I can burn onto a cd.

Thanks for the info. Skeek! I was actually thinking it was from the 80s! I guess that says a lot about Bono's voice.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom