How long does will it take for boots of the new tour to surface?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Lets say that the tour starts in March 2005. Based on the bootlegs of the Elevation tour, how long should it take before we can get recordings of the new tour?

Based on the bootlegs of the Elevation Tour, I think the first recordings of the new tour will surface in a day or so.

Based on the behaviour during the Elevation Tour, I think the first demands for recordings of the new tour will surface during the first show.

:rolleyes: NO, the demands will occur before the show starts. Someone will ask for a bootleg of the show before it even happens (you may think I'am joking, I'm not). Then an hour or less after the show someone will undoubdtedly make this idiotic statement "Where are the MP3's already??? The show is over!!!!"

We will also have people bitching about the setlist immediately if not during the actual show.

We will have people say the new album sucks based on some 10 second clips of some of the songs (Whatever happened to BatesMotel anyway????)

Ah, the wonderful world of the internet. :eyebrow: There are some things about the next tour and album I'am NOT looking forward to. LOL

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
Then an hour or less after the show someone will undoubdtedly make this idiotic statement "Where are the MP3's already??? The show is over!!!!"

Yeah, well this does happen with other bands and artists, so I can understand why people expect boots so quick, especially considering U2's so much more popular.

Axver said:

Yeah, well this does happen with other bands and artists, so I can understand why people expect boots so quick, especially considering U2's so much more popular.

Thats fine, and it may happen occassionally with U2. But to demand or get pissed when they dont surface for a day or week is what is ridiculous and pathetic. Thats what I'am referring to.

Blue Room said:
Thats fine, and it may happen occassionally with U2. But to demand or get pissed when they dont surface for a day or week is what is ridiculous and pathetic. Thats what I'am referring to.

That's fair enough. From what I've read, I don't really understand why bootlegs for lesser artists surface quicker than those for U2 (I would've thought U2 would be one of the quickest considering popularity), but if someone's going to get angry and upset that recordings aren't surfacing right there and then, that's pathetic. You know what I think on sharing concerts, but if a concert's not being released fast, it's not being released fast and someone whining and screaming online isn't going to speed things up.

I can almost assure you that when U2 play down here in Melbourne a certain taper who is a member of this forum (not me) will have the boot ready the night of the show. Whether he will upload it to the net I don't know.

Blue Room is correct, the demands will start before certain shows even occur.

Still no one has answered the question raised in other threads: why don't all of the people who expect downloadable shows pool together some resources, purchase a rig or two, share the equipment, organize tapers (preferably two if possible) for each show, help the tapers in your crew get tickets, and then hub/torrent your OWN tapes, rather than third-party torrenting someone else's without their permission?

huskies said:
Still no one has answered the question raised in other threads: why don't all of the people who expect downloadable shows pool together some resources, purchase a rig or two, share the equipment, organize tapers (preferably two if possible) for each show, help the tapers in your crew get tickets, and then hub/torrent your OWN tapes, rather than third-party torrenting someone else's without their permission?

And you're asking this to people who demand they have the show delivered to them in real-time without them doing anything for it? ;)
I think you know the answer. :)

I will be bootlegging some shows for sure and will have them up for sharing and seeding on sharingthegroove.com ASAP but as for others, I can't speak for them buy will do my part to provide.

Kudos and good karma to isabelle_guns. She is a good example of how one's efforts can make the community a better place for everyone. I've never seen complaints when a taper (such as isabelle_guns) torrents their OWN master tape.

Taper-seeded torrents are the best and most fair system for everyone. Third-party torrents, as we have seen and will continue to see, are fraught with problems, and as long as third parties cavalierly torrent someone else's masters the rifts will only become worse (the consequences being more and more people dropping below the radar with collections/masters in hand).

Some tapers don't want their tapes torrented and shouldn't be condemned. It doesn't make sense to bite the hand that feeds, as tapes don't arise from thin air.

I really don't think we need this taper debate all over again. I, for one, don't want to argue with people I respect. Though for the record, I'm going to try to get some taping gear. Odds are I won't be able to, but you never know what might happen.

Chrisedge said:
I'll be taping and torrenting my shows this tour.

(Didn't this thread, 4 spots down answer your question?)
http://forum.interference.com/t91363.html

evidently not

and how quickly chris? huh huh, that is the point here! will you rush right home and upload the files b4 you go to sleep that night so you can feed the greeedy and insatiable appetite of the bootleg consuming public? ohhhhh wait i doubt you will since you actually have a life....lol

In order to have bootelegs of the next tour please remember one very important thing....U2 HAS TO TOUR!

For those clammering for shows... be patient or take matters into your own hands. You can moan groan and beg all you want but that won't change anything. Tapers who share need time to transfer the shows and ensure their quality before seeding.

For shows that will have superior recordings than the ones already being shared and are not circulating, sorry but if you want those you will need to put in the time, effort, and work to try and get these. Some people will tape for their own enjoyment and maybe this time round won't bother doing any trading.

For those who will continue to hoard given the circumstances raised from the previous tour, we salute you :).

u2rulesmyworld said:
In order to have bootelegs of the next tour please remember one very important thing....U2 HAS TO TOUR!

I, for one, am shocked!

Back
Top Bottom