Found me an early pressing of Under a Blood Red Sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blacksword

Acrobat
Haven't bee here in ages (I'm at home on dial up so I've been limiting my internet time) but I have a quick question about my lucky aquisition.

Exactly how rare are the early pressings of UBRS? How many of them were made before U2 had to edit out 'Send in the Clowns' from Electric Co.?

I just wonder as I just picked up this vinyl copy of the album (along with the single for ISHFWILF) when I spotted it in the used vinyl section of a small music store for five bucks. I did a little jig when I got to Electric co. and I thought I'd see how good my luck actually was.

Does your pressing of Under A Blood Red Sky have "MINI LP" in the upper right hand corner of the LP cover and does it say "Special Low Price" under the album title and say MINI LP on the record tracklisting sticker ??

I picked up Under A Blood Red Sky used for 4 dollars last week but I haven't listned to it yet because I am getting a turntable in the mail today or tomorrow.

Can't answer your question, but a couple of year back I was having a few beers with a mate and his wife and they put on UABRS. I told them that the version they had was an early press and they should take care of it. Don't know if they had it priced, but I wish I had one.

Well, today I was finally able to listen to my copy of UABRS that I picked up used at a record store a week or two ago..

Live performances often included excerpts from other songs
In the original release Bono sang a few notes from America
followed by some words to the tune of Send in the Clowns:

Why must I hide from myself, when I need a crowd?
bring on the crowd - I love the crowd

These additional snippets were edited out of later releases

My copy is an original early pressing, because that's what I heard when I just listened to Electric Co.

Sweet.

Back
Top Bottom