For sale on vinyl: U2 - ATYCLB/HTDAAB/Pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mauricearmand

The Fly
For sale on vinyl: U2 - All that you can't leave behind.

This item is in 100% perfect condition and the vinyl has never been used.

Over the last 25 years I only collected vinyl because of their covers/artwork.

Therefore the price of this record is approximatley 150,- euro, shipping costs not included. (150,- euro = 179 dollar/120 pounds)

Moreover I can provide many pictures from this album/vinyl so you're able
to judge its quality.

For sale on vinyl: U2 - How to dismantle an atomic bomb

For sale on vinyl: U2 - How to dismantle an atomic bomb.

This item is in 100% perfect condition and the vinyl has never been used.

Therefore the price of this record is approximatley 150,- euro, shipping costs not included. (150,- euro = 179 dollar/120 pounds)

to judge its quality.

For sale on vinyl: U2 - POP (Double Album)

For sale on vinyl: U2 - How to dismantle an atomic bomb
For sale on vinyl: U2 - POP (Double Album).

This item is in 100% perfect condition and both vinyl has never been used.

to judge its quality.

I don't get it, I offered you a a great price for HTDAAB and you accepted!
And then you are ignoring me? Thats not cool brother.
Didn't you receive my emails? Because I'm still sending to the same address that used to receive replies!

Brother?

I haven't recieved any e-mails from you since our contact a few weeks
ago therefore I decided to post a new thread. Maybe you made a mistake and not using the correct e-mailadress so I wasn't ignoring anyone. If you
are still interested in buying HTDAAB, read my thread and you know for how much I will sell this record because in the meantime I recieved higher
offers and my records (cover & vinyl) are flawless and therefore worth it.

I think that a lot of U2 fans only look at the price instead of comparing prices and quality. I am curious...where would you find these kind of records unplayed and in execellent condition? They are worth between 135 - 150 euro's at least and I can provide many, many pictures of these items. Why hesitate? These are records from
my private collection which I decided to sell.

Hello Maurice, I respect your opinion but I want to refine something. The whole world looks to the price, not only fans of U2. Surely the fans are the least who look at the price. Precisely because they are fans, they aren't women going to the supermarket to buy bids. I have to tell you that you can find on ebay for 130 euros htdaab and you too can find it for 300 euros. The prices are relative. Your discs are in excellent condition but there are also records that are still sealed and they still have more value. I think the price of the items are set by the buyer, the seller does not make them. If you put a price on an item and no one buys it, I think this item does not have that price.

Alexis, let me start with saying that I should have taken your offer for ATYCLB & HTDAAB because at the time I didn't know that ebay keeps 10% - 13% comission for doing nothing. They "screw" you twice if the buyer uses Paypal (3,4% + 0,35).
The thing is that I just started to sell my U2 collection and had no idea about prices or what they are worth. I told you that selling them in the first place wasn't for money reasons. If they were worth 10,- euro then 10,- euro would be fine. Secondly I was really curious how much I could get on ebay, and yes, maybe someone will pay more. I also told you that I wanted a fair price because it would break up my whole collection, but that's my problem, otherwise I mustn't sell them. On the other hand I thought to be more patienced and not selling them to the first one or two buyers. Looking back I can honestly admit that I was wrong by not accepting your offer. And yes, prices are relative but that depends for a great part on the quality and my records are excellent quality. Sellers on ebay ask even more for used vinyl and they post one or two pictures while I present everything in the most clear and open way as possible.

If you ask me, 150 euros is way too much for a record that's not even 10 years old. If it was a rare old mint record? Yeah, easily. But we're talking about a record from the CD era. Sure, they're printed in way little numbers, but most of those numbers are bought by collectors. So pretty much all copies of these records you find on the web are mint. That lowers the collective value.
I paid 40 euros for a mint double edition of Pop, and I thought that was expensive.

Mmmm...I better not sell them then, although I wish everyone good luck finding spotless copies of HTDAAB, ATYCLB & POP because these records don't get released anymore. If they do get released in a few years time, you'll still have the reissues and not the original release. If that don't matter to anyone in particular, I'm fine with it. Moreover I am forcing nobody to pay between 125 and 150 euro's for any record but tell me...why should I sell them for 40,- if on ebay they are offered for 135,- euro's? After all prices are depending on supply, demand and quality. Those records are obviously rare and wanted. You (probably) also haven't seen any pictures of my U2 records. Where can you buy unplayed records with spotless covers like these? I think they're worth the money, anyone who doesn't...don't buy and don't pay any attention. Furthermore it is a kind of hypocrite starting a discussion regarding prices of U2 albums because U2 (their management) isn't for charity either when it regarding their fans. I can give many examples but I'll mention two: releasing many cd singles from a particular song (Walk on) with different versions and alternate "b" sides that keeps you buying. Asking an insane amount of money for the "Uberdeluxe Achtung Baby box set" or whatever that name is. I also don't understand why they bother releasing a dvd from their 360 tour and start the dvd with "Get on your boots" while almost the whole tour they start with "Breathe" and use it as a bonus track on that dvd. Anyway, when it comes to money or insane prices...write a letter to the U2 management.

A "mint" vinyl copy of "All That You Can't Leave Behind" just sold on eBay for $81.
A "mint" vinyl copy of "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" just sold on eBay for $72.
A sealed copy of "Pop" just sold on eBay for $40. (I actually scooped this one up)

The copies on eBay for $199 don't actually sell. They just sit there. Be patient and you'll find what you want. Actual selling prices on these records is nowhere near $200.

Exactly Von Schloopen, there's always expensive ones on eBay but they never sell. The decently prized one do sell.
I found my copy of Pop mint and in plastic in an old record store, that was pure luck. The other two I still want to find somewhere, for a decent price.

Maurice, I was only trying to offer you a piece of advice. If you really want to sell these records, then perhaps you oughta put your prices conform the actual demand. Not what the scalpers on ebay want.

I don't see how this is hypocritical at all. How am I a hypocrite when I discuss their prices? :confused:

And actually, I find most of their prices pretty decent. Especially compared to other artists of their size. Sure, they did put out those Walk On singles, but really, why on earth would you want to buy them all? The point of releasing more than one is to get more b-sides out of there. And wasn't there a different one for the different parts of the world, alongside the videos?
Asides from that the Achtung Baby boxsets were there in five different shapes, so if you think the Uber box was ridiculous, sure, but nobody forces you to buy it. Buy the regular cd. Or any of the other versions. But for the amount of stuff that was in that boxset, the price was not bad at all.

Again, I was only offering some advice to get your vinyl sold. But it's up to you to take it or not. :shrug:

For this price ? No way, I offered you 90 bucks... a fair price. You accepted, (so I thought the record was mine) and now I read this?
If I accept a bid, I sell them to that person. If I get higher bids, I'm usually so polite to actually send the previous bidder a message about it,
becuase for the record.... people can't smell someone outbidding them.

Let alone , if someone actually did offer that insane much for them, how come you didn't sell them?

I hope you can make someone else happy with them, but I don't want to try my luck with you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom