Excerpts from Rattle and Hum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmanson

Babyface
Last week I bought the promo "Excerpts from Rattle and Hum" for 50 ?. Does someone know if I payed to much?

Thanx!

This?

http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/pr05.html

Seems like a lot to me. I don't know the market for promos, though. But I certainly couldn't afford to pay that much for five songs. Still, if it's something you're really happy with, or have ben looking for for a while, what does cost matter?

I'am not sure of the conversion rate based on what you paid. I have seen it from anywhere around $75 to $175 in U.S. dollars before.

Fortunately I purchased my copy at a record show back in 1990 for $25. I dont think the lady I purchased it from knew what it was exactly as it was the only U2 thing she had at her stand and it was buried in a bunch of other CDs.

I don't think 50 euro is too much for it. I know I payed much more for it last year (or maybe it's 2 already). So if it arrives in a good condition, be happy.
The promo market is quite subjective, so if it's worth it to you it's a good price.

C ya!

Marty

babyman said:
oh, i bought the dvd and it costed 10 euro... i don''t know if there are any specials on what you bought :huh:

There is no Rattle And Hum Excerpts promotional DVD that I'am aware of?? Would seem odd considering DVD's didnt exist in 1988. We are talking about an official promo CD that was released by Island records to radio stations that contained Live tracks from the film that were not on the Rattle And Hum CD itself. See the link on the post above and you can see what we are talking about.

Blue Room said:

There is no Rattle And Hum Excerpts promotional DVD that I'am aware of?? Would seem odd considering DVD's didnt exist in 1988. We are talking about an official promo CD that was released by Island records to radio stations that contained Live tracks from the film that were not on the Rattle And Hum CD itself. See the link on the post above and you can see what we are talking about.

aha, misunderstanding, sorry :up:

Back
Top Bottom