Elland Road, LEEDS - 1987

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SPOB

The Fly
I read recently that parts of the above concert had been recorded & were to be shown on TV at a later date.
Did this happen & if so, does anyone have any info. (including Is it available on video/DVD anywhere?)

This probably isnt the most suitable forum to post this in if your looking for U2 related stuff

Im sure someone will move it for you :)

Welcome :wave:

Sorry - it was my 1st post & I wasn't sure where to put it!
Would someone please move it to the correct place & let me know where that is!!

Thanks

Ah everyone posts things in the wrong places all the time :)

Every show since 1982 was recorded (audiowise) but only a handful of all of that is in the hands of people that are not part of the U2 crew or organization. Regarding any pro shot videos the same applies except they started filming every one of those in 1992, the third leg of Joshua Tree was also filmed. In regards to your specific question, there is no full length or even partial pro shot of this show circulating. I doubdt that anyone outside of U2 crew even has it. I have seen a couple of clips in documentaries before of them playing Stand By Me and I believe it was from this show. But they were just short 15 second clips. So its possible part or all was shot. But extremely doubdtful you will ever find it. Maybe there is an audience shot version, although off hand I'am not aware of one.

Just a suggestion for those of you that are new. Read the suggestions in the following thread with this stuff and you can get an idea of how to handle it and not handle it and where you can go to get the info you are looking for instead of posting requests of things that dont exist.

http://forum.interference.com/t83740.html

Last edited:
I was there!

Hi,

I was there, as a fresh-faced 18 year old; my first U2 gig of three.

There were cameras, as I recall, and I understood that they were from the regional TV station (Yorkshire?) for the evening news. I don't think that they stayed long.

I may well be wrong, but I hope that helps!

Darren

dtc,

Did you seem them at Leeds in 1993 as well?

:confused: Thanks for the info. so far everyone.
Blue Room - I wasn't aware that I had asked for something that did not exist as I had just been reading "U2 the complete encyclopedia" by Mark Chatterton & it quite clearly states '30,000 fans attended the concert, which was filmed in part for a later TV broadcast'.
I was just wondering if it ever had been broadcast, did anyone videotape it.

Thanks again! :shrug:

try the forum All I Want Is You if you're looking for a trade

or better yet, wait for a mod to move it (i know it's been moved once before but i don't think it's very suitable here, lol)

without meaning to sound rude we only need one thread for this topic

anyway, good luck in finding your show!

p.s. when i saw the thread title i was thinking about the arse's 4-1 over the weekend...but that's just my football-addled brain, lol.

hi, i merged the two threads since it looks like post was hit instead of reply. no big deal. :wave:

also, i'm going to move this to the forum all i want is U2 as it may get more attention there. :D

Sting2,

Yes, Roundhay park in 1993 and in 1997. Funny story - I was right in front of the B-stage in 93. I'd met a local girl up against the barrier (romantic!), and things were going just fine. THEN - they do Love Is Blindness, some rock star dude plucks MY new girl out of the crowd and does some corny dance with her! Couldn't believe it! The security guys down the front had a good ol' giggle at my expense. And the girl - well, she was lowered back into the crowd, the gig ended and that was that.

Still can't understand what that guy had over me...

Darren.

Last edited:
Hi

I was at Elland Road in 1987

5th song in (I still haven't found, what I'm looking for), Bono threw in a chorus of Bob Marley's "Exodus"

At the time, I was up the top of a scaffold in my Bob Marley T-shirt, giving the peace (2 fingers) sign.

At the end of the song, Bono came over to my side of the stage and give me the peace sign.

I felt like god for about 15 seconds.

Had to make a quick decent cos Security were heading my way.

What a day, can't believe it was 30 years ago this July

Cheers - Paul

Back
Top Bottom