Elevation boots reviewed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
I'm trying to find a site that would have reviews of the Elevation tour bootlegs. I found a great site with reviews, but it stops after PopMart.

Thanks muchly!

I've rated a bunch of the Elevation shows on my site ( http://u2lynne.home.attbi.com/ ). It's under the 'notes' header. If you then click on the rating (ie. very good AUD, etc.), it will take you to the taper notes for that particular show. For most of the shows, there were several tapers so beware of the ratings/tapers notes. For instance, the San Jose 4/20 Elevation shows had at least five *audience* recordings which range from fair to excellent depending on the taper.

Very cool!

Quick question about SHN shows. Are they similar to MP3 shows in that there are gaps between songs? Or are they gap-free?

Thanks!

corianderstem said:
Very cool!

Quick question about SHN shows. Are they similar to MP3 shows in that there are gaps between songs? Or are they gap-free?

Thanks!

If you want to read up on SHNs, go to etree.org. Basically, shns are a lossless compressed audio files (mp3s are lossy). If a typical wav (or aiff for macs) file is 50MBs, the shn would be about 30MBs and the mp3 would be about 5MB. If the taper did things correctly (cut the files on the sector boundaries), there is no gap between the files.

U2Lynne, I am very interested in getting some early shows from you, probably a recommended sondboard from each tour up to the Joshua Tree. I have Rush, Van Halen, and Black Sabbath bootlegs that I can trade with. PM me if you are interested.

-Led Boots

Back
Top Bottom