Ebay sellers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erised

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
:banghead: Sometimes, I don't know why I visit ebay.... cuz I tend to leave that site so frustrated that peeps are paying money for U2 CD/DVD bootegs, which they could get for free here or via some other trading site/forum.

I sure hope no one from Interference is bidding on these things... :eyebrow:

I just wanted to say that I'm usually happy to help out those who would like shows etc, as long as I have time for the trade/B&P... so please feel free to contact me if I have something you're looking for. See the link in my sig for my list and contact info.

Don't pay $$$ for U2 stuff on ebay if it's something I can trade with (or B&P to) you for free. :wave:

Ha ha! I love looking at eBay for U2 stuff! All these bootlegs which no-one's ever heard of nicely packaged and labelled as RARE!!!!ULTRA-MEGA!!!L@@K! It's a load of rubbish!

But I seriously cannot help thinking that to package some bootlegs and make them look half decent would be quite helpful if one was in a bit of financial difficulty. I remember back in around 2003 ages before word got out that Slane 2001 was coming out on DVD, people were paying god-knows how much for CD-Rs of the two shows...crazy...

"aye, that's the rub"
Probably main reason people do buy U2 boots is that people won't trade with them or that can't find traders that will do a
b&p.

RockNRollDawgie said:
"aye, that's the rub"
Probably main reason people do buy U2 boots is that people won't trade with them or that can't find traders that will do a
b&p.

That's not true at all. At least not in my case. I check U2 boots on ebay all the time and I've never seen anything that's "rare" or "hard to find" that I haven't seen on a traders list that I can just trade with.

I've traded, had b&p's done for me, and gotten tons of freebies. I'd say almost all of it has been from the Interference community. I've found all you have to do is start a thread asking for something and there's generally someone who has what you want and will get it to you.

i once saw someone selling 20 Audience shot bootleg videos from the PopMart Tour.....back then i really wish i'd brought them...this ofcorse was before i knew about all the bootleg stuff.

Last edited:
Sad to say but I am one of these idiots who buys the dvd's on ebay and pays on average ?35/40 each time... Ok I know your goin to say - why dont you trade for them but the answer is quite simply I dont have the time or money due to other commitments!!

Can you not accept that some people just dont have the money to buy dvd burners and the time and energy to use them!!

I also think that its very hard to trade unless you have something relatively rare. I bought slane01/notre dame01/edmonton97 etc.. on ebay and got burnt several times.

I would just find it hard to post a thread saying can you give me this that and the other for free... Only in America!!

How much do you pay per DVD? You state 35 to 40 euro. How much does a DVD-burner cost? Around 120 euro. I think you can do the math yourself. :|
(Oh, OK, blank DVD's. IIRC, around 2 euro per DVD).

C ya!

Marty

U2LIVECD said:

I also think that its very hard to trade unless you have something relatively rare. I bought slane01/notre dame01/edmonton97 etc.. on ebay and got burnt several times.

I understand what you're saying... trading can be very time consuming. :yes: I've only been trading for a year or so, and I've already taken a couple "breaks" from trading, just because I got busy with "real life" things. So active trading may not be an option for everyone.

But on the other hand, I have to disagree that you need "relatively rare" things to trade... I haven't found that to be true at all! :tsk: I don't think I have anything that would be considered "rare" in my collection, yet I've built up quite a collection in the short time I've been trading. Plus, I think there are many people on this board in particular who are very accomodating with B&P's or freebies to "newbies".. and all it takes is one or two "shows" to get you started.

I also don't think you need a DVD burner, per se, to get started... some people will trade audio shows for DVDs. I'm one of them! I usually trade 4 CDRs (or usually two shows) for one DVD, because the cost of 4 CDRs equals what I pay for one DVD. I think that's pretty fair, and if anyone disagrees, well then they don't have to trade with me. :shrug:

I mean, everyone is free to do whatever is best for them... and if buying DVDs on ebay makes sense for you, then that's what works for you. But when I see the '92 Washington D.C. DVD being sold for $20 or more on ebay--when I have the same friggin' disc and paid nothing but the cost of the blank disc to get it--I dunno, it just makes me sad and makes me wonder if people know there are other options besides paying such prices on ebay. That's all.

Popmartijn said:
How much do you pay per DVD? You state 35 to 40 euro. How much does a DVD-burner cost? Around 120 euro. I think you can do the math yourself. :|

Marty,

I think you attitude is very simplistic and typical of this forum.
'real life' sometimes takes over your time thus limiting the amount of time you can spend sitting in front of a computer, organising trade's etc.. Ebay works for me!!

U2LIVECD said:
Popmartijn said:

Marty,

'real life' sometimes takes over your time thus limiting the amount of time you can spend sitting in front of a computer, organising trade's etc.. Ebay works for me!!

That statement makes it sound like people who trade don't have a life. How long do you spend on ebay looking for the stuff? Probably the same time I spend doing a trade!!! Plus trading is so much cheaper.

'real life' sometimes takes over your time thus limiting the amount of time you can spend sitting in front of a computer, organising trade's etc.. Ebay works for me!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, but if you never ask you don't get. The worst a trader can do is not reply or say no - nobody who has been trading for a while will be offended by someone asking for a B&P. You might be able to get some nice quality DVD's for next to nothing and then have something to trade if you put your cash towards a burner instead of ebay (fyi I used to buy off ebay until I found a better way).

Yea but what if you don't have anything or don't want to trade anything. When you can get U2 stuff at a very good price via the Internet.

Kate1 said:
Yea but what if you don't have anything or don't want to trade anything. When you can get U2 stuff at a very good price via the Internet.

I've never yet seen anything on ebay being sold for the cost of the discs & postage. DVD's that go for $20 or more you can get for a cost of $5 or less as a B&P. So no, ebay doesn't offer a good price.

Even if you don't have anything to trade, alot of traders will help you out - I've done many B&P's for people over the last year. As for not wanting to trade, seeing as this is a trader forum why would anybody visit here if they don't want to?

Visit sharingthegroove as well, another source of freely available material.

cdparky said:

I've never yet seen anything on ebay being sold for the cost of the discs & postage. DVD's that go for $20 or more you can get for a cost of $5 or less as a B&P. So no, ebay doesn't offer a good price.

Even if you don't have anything to trade, alot of traders will help you out - I've done many B&P's for people over the last year. As for not wanting to trade, seeing as this is a trader forum why would anybody visit here if they don't want to?

Visit sharingthegroove as well, another source of freely available material.

YEA. but i saw a autographed pic from U2 for only ?5! And CDs limited addition for about ?10 :huh:

If you're looking for general memorabilia, I can't comment if ebay is good or bad. As far as getting hold of live recordings, trading and or/B&P is by far the best option.

I was updating my trading site, when I happened to re-read the Bono quote I have posted at the top of its main page:

"We're not afraid of Napster. As long as people aren't making money off the distribution of our music outside of the record company, we don't mind. If they are, we know where they park their car and we will come and pay them a visit ... It's very exciting that people are using their computer to play music." -- Bono, 2000

And that was the whole point of why I started this thread in the first place. I can understand why some people buy or are tempted to buy bootlegged music/video from ebay and other sources... we all love U2 and we all want to obtain cool stuff we can watch/listen to.

But U2 don't make money off the bootlegged stuff. :tsk: Some other Joe Schmoe is padding his/her pocket at the expense of U2 when they sell that stuff. I personally don't agree with that. :(

So, that's really all I wanted to voice when I started this thread. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom