D&G 2138 H49 For Sale - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Still Haven't Found What You're Looking For? > All I Want Is U2
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
War Child
 
naycookeu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 529
Local Time: 05:54 PM
D&G 2138 H49 For Sale

I have a pair of D&G 2138 H49 For Sale. These are the brown ones Bono worn at the Brooklyn Bridge gig in 2004.

Email me if you are interested:

naycookeu2@yahoo.co.uk





__________________

naycookeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
Acrobat
 
lobovox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Malissard, France
Posts: 364
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Email sent
__________________

lobovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
The Fly
 
Boltiziar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nitra, Slovakia (EU)
Posts: 214
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Congrats Mathieu! I think this exact model Bono wore on Vertigo videoclip, I´m still waiting this shades from "Fly_poa"(but I think he bought them on e-bay from Nathan, because the pics are very similar). Maybe they will arrive on monday.
But we are waiting another fantastic shades, however Mathieu? . Nice evening my friend and to Nathan too .
Boltiziar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #4
Acrobat
 
lobovox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Malissard, France
Posts: 364
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltiziar View Post
Congrats Mathieu! I think this exact model Bono wore on Vertigo videoclip, I´m still waiting this shades from "Fly_poa"(but I think he bought them on e-bay from Nathan, because the pics are very similar). Maybe they will arrive on monday.
But we are waiting another fantastic shades, however Mathieu? . Nice evening my friend and to Nathan too .
Hello Martin, I will not take these D&G this time... But hopefully Nathan will have some more later this year ...
And yes, we are waiting for our brand new Miu Miu 51 C flash grey !!!
Can wait by the way... Brand new
lobovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,879
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltiziar View Post
I think this exact model Bono wore on Vertigo videoclip,

I want to believe this too as I also expounded the theory that Bono was wearing at least 2 or more models during the filming of Vertigo, and I concluded it must be H49s..but looking at the real pics now..the arms just look too matte to be the same ones. It could be lighting, though. I think the lenses are bang on, that nice brown..
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!


 



gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
The Fly
 
Boltiziar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nitra, Slovakia (EU)
Posts: 214
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
I want to believe this too as I also expounded the theory that Bono was wearing at least 2 or more models during the filming of Vertigo, and I concluded it must be H49s..but looking at the real pics now..the arms just look too matte to be the same ones. It could be lighting, though. I think the lenses are bang on, that nice brown..

Today I watched very carefuly "Vertigo videoclip" and "Making of Vertigo video" and my conclusion: Bono definitely wore DG 2138 G37 because the arms are not matte but lightning and lenses are little rainbow/purplish flash. H50 (very dark blue) and H49 (brown) have not this rainbow/purplish flash.

P.S. I comparised also G37, H49 and H50 from my collection with videoclip on screen.
Boltiziar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,879
Local Time: 12:54 PM
The point that I've made a few times is that he wore at least 2, if not more pairs of them during different times of the video (entirely possible, the way video shoots are done over a day or more days). He definitely wore the G37s, but he also wore a darker pair for instance the H49 lens or maybe even H50 (I have these also). My only issue with the H49 theory is that the arms on the ones you displayed seem too matte for the specific times in the video that I feel he is wearing H49s.

One thing is for certain: the G37s do not, ever, in any kind of light, have the ability to go as dark as his glasses look at certain times of the Vertigo video, and they always give off that crappy rainbow/purplish flash, which the darker glasses in the video clearly do not. Hence there second (or even third) color possibility.
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!


 



gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
The Fly
 
Boltiziar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nitra, Slovakia (EU)
Posts: 214
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Hi gvox, please write the minute(s) annd second(s) of videoclip and also from "making of Vertigo! when you thinking, that Bono has H49 or H50, or upload pics. THX.
Boltiziar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #9
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,879
Local Time: 12:54 PM
just do a search in the Bono sunglasses thread I listed it all there it was discussed at great length amongst a few of us
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!


 



gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:16 AM   #10
The Fly
 
Boltiziar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nitra, Slovakia (EU)
Posts: 214
Local Time: 06:54 PM
O.K. I´ll try to find it.
Boltiziar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #11
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,879
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Yeah, I mean, the thing is, I *want* to believe that these are the ones worn on the Brooklyn Bridge video and parts of the Vertigo video, but the arms..they are what bug me..because on both the Brooklyn and Vertigo videos, while the lens color is bang on, the arms looks more silverish or at least alot shinier than in naycooke's pics, above. I do realize, however, that bright stage lights do make things appear glossier and it's quite possible that they are one and the same.

I only keep goin on about it because honestly if Bono never wore this particular one (with the bronze/whatever arms), then they aren't worth much more than about $120 US, if that.

I suppose there's another possibility, that being that there is yet another model with this same color lens but silver arms or they were custom for him. Entirely possible, but frames are a bit harder to swap in and out..

Anyways, I really love these lenses..the arms..not so much..
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!


 



gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
Acrobat
 
lobovox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Malissard, France
Posts: 364
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Yeah, I mean, the thing is, I *want* to believe that these are the ones worn on the Brooklyn Bridge video and parts of the Vertigo video, but the arms..they are what bug me..because on both the Brooklyn and Vertigo videos, while the lens color is bang on, the arms looks more silverish or at least alot shinier than in naycooke's pics, above. I do realize, however, that bright stage lights do make things appear glossier and it's quite possible that they are one and the same.

I only keep goin on about it because honestly if Bono never wore this particular one (with the bronze/whatever arms), then they aren't worth much more than about $120 US, if that.

I suppose there's another possibility, that being that there is yet another model with this same color lens but silver arms or they were custom for him. Entirely possible, but frames are a bit harder to swap in and out..

Anyways, I really love these lenses..the arms..not so much..
I do like 2138... I have own all the models except the H49 so I do know what they look like in different lights... When I look @ the Vertigo Vid I can clearly see that Bono is wearing both the G49 and the H49. Try to watch it in slow motion and take a good look each time the camera is doing a close up on Bono's face... You Will clearly see 2 models of 2138
lobovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #13
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,879
Local Time: 12:54 PM
If you don't own the H49, how can you possibly know what they look like in all lights? This is a thread about H49s, not the ones you own

And I'm sorry, but have you even read my posts on this subject? I've been saying all along that there are at least 2 maybe even 3 colors of 2138 being worn during the Vertigo shoot, and that if you watch and pause at various points its easy to see..

__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!


 



gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:35 AM   #14
Acrobat
 
lobovox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Malissard, France
Posts: 364
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
If you don't own the H49, how can you possibly know what they look like in all lights? This is a thread about H49s, not the ones you own

And I'm sorry, but have you even read my posts on this subject? I've been saying all along that there are at least 2 maybe even 3 colors of 2138 being worn during the Vertigo shoot, and that if you watch and pause at various points its easy to see..

I bought them from Nathan so I can say that I have own d23, g35, g37, h49, g49 and h50... Did you Gabe ? Is not because you are some kind of Jedi Master of Bono's shades for years that you own the truth and that you are feeling some kind of obligation to get the final word.
What I Just said is that he is using both H & G In the clip. I watched it in slow Motion and I am absolutly sure of that. It seems that we agree on that point so no need for you to have these "a bit aggressive" answer.
lobovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #15
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,879
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobovox View Post
I bought them from Nathan so I can say that I have own d23, g35, g37, h49, g49 and h50... Did you Gabe ? Is not because you are some kind of Jedi Master of Bono's shades for years that you own the truth and that you are feeling some kind of obligation to get the final word.
What I Just said is that he is using both H & G In the clip. I watched it in slow Motion and I am absolutly sure of that. It seems that we agree on that point so no need for you to have these "a bit aggressive" answer.
Dude: I got aggressive because you clearly either didn't read what I said or understood it and came off like you were informing me of the very same thing I was suggesting and have suggested since, what, 2005??

However, I understood you when you said, quote:

" I have own all the models except the H49 so I do know what they look like in different lights."

So, my only point is, if you've never owned the H49s, how can you say with 100% certainty that they are the ones in the Vertigo video? Do you have a theory for why the arms look more silverish than they do in real life? Because if you've never owned them, how could you have tried them in different lights, to attempt the same effect, is basically my point.

I have owned four pairs of 2138s, and tried them out in all lighting situations including onstage, which I'm guessing you haven't. I have NOT, however, owned the H49s, therefore I can't comment on what the arms would look like with bright artificial lights (such as, oh, the ones used in pro video shoots!). However, from these very realistic looking pictures above, I wonder just how close they would get to looking like the Vertigo ones, if tested in similar circumstances.

I think you might be missing that I actually do wish they were without a doubt these Vertigo glasses. I would have to give serious thought to owning them, but for now, they just don't seem like exactly the same ones to me. I'm still on the hunt for a still picture taken of Bono in or around the video shoot. That would answer alot of questions.

Sounds to me like we're both in the same boat, neither of us has owned them nor tried them in similar circumstances to the Vertigo shoot, therefore neither of us can say with 100% accuracy that they are them. As you might have noticed, it is you who is claiming to have the 100% certainty, and then yet turning around and saying that I'm appointing myself the Jedi Master holder of truth or whatever? A bit hypocritical of you, dontcha think?

Try not to let any personal feelings creep in here, ok? I had no idea you resented my comments so much on the subject of Bono's shades, I've only been giving my opinions on Bono's shades on this forum for almost a decade. No, I don't think that makes me better than anyone else, but for pete's sake you coulda said it irritated you long before now!
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!


 



gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:17 AM   #16
Acrobat
 
lobovox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Malissard, France
Posts: 364
Local Time: 06:54 PM
You agreed that you were "aggressive". That was the only thing I was pointing. We are both passionated by these glasses so let's move forward no matter your other comments about me. :-)
Maybe I am also a bit Jedi Master. But I let you Yoda Character. Cheers.
lobovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #17
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,879
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Hilarious! I made no other comments about you other than to remind you of what you said. Yeah, sure, move forward.
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!


 



gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:16 AM   #18
Babyface
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 23
Local Time: 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobovox View Post
You agreed that you were "aggressive". That was the only thing I was pointing. We are both passionated by these glasses so let's move forward no matter your other comments about me. :-)
Maybe I am also a bit Jedi Master. But I let you Yoda Character. Cheers.
Have no fear Obi-Wan is here
__________________

POP-MART is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×