Boot of NYC show post 9/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OneTreeHill76

Babyface
Does anyone have a bootleg of the Elevation show in NYC in October 2001 or know where I could get one? Willing to arrange a trade. Any of the three shows would do.
Thanks.

Ideally, I'd love to have an audio and a video, but at this point I'll take what's available. BTW, here's what promted the search for one of these recordings: taken from U2.com where Bono talks about COBL and how it came about:

"So 'City of Blinding Lights' came right out of that moment for me, it's a story of innocence and experience and the chorus is set in one of the greatest moments for me ever on the stage when we were the first band to play New York City, after 9/11 and we turned on the lights, during one song and I just saw twenty thousand people, just their eyes wide open, and tears just rolling down their faces and it was an amazing moment for me, musically, and I just shouted out 'Oh you just look so beautiful tonight'. And so that's become this song.’

Sigh...can only imagine what it was like to be at that show....

Anyone know which show it was where he said this? 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

Last edited:
OneTreeHill76 said:
I
"So 'City of Blinding Lights' came right out of that moment for me, it's a story of innocence and experience and the chorus is set in one of the greatest moments for me ever on the stage when we were the first band to play New York City, after 9/11 and we turned on the lights, during one song and I just saw twenty thousand people, just their eyes wide open, and tears just rolling down their faces and it was an amazing moment for me, musically, and I just shouted out 'Oh you just look so beautiful tonight'. And so that's become this song.’

Sigh...can only imagine what it was like to be at that show....

Anyone know which show it was where he said this? 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

:hmm: I wonder if he means at the end of One, 1st show. He says something similar during One on the Slane DVD, something like "you look so beautiful! so beautiful! the spirit is in the house!" :heart:

Fantastic show, I'm sure we can work something out. PM me if you like.

There is a DVD of the 3rd show. Screenshots

VERTIGOPHILLY-73.jpg

Not that I know of.

Achtungbootlegs.com doesn't list one and they seem to have a pretty comprehensive list.

10.24.2001 New York This Time Will Pass ( G. Wang ) Audio CD-R
10.25.2001 New-York Live from New-York 10.25.2001 Video DVD+/-R
10.25.2001 New York Capital Of Courage ( G. Wang ) Audio CD-R
10.27.2001 New York Live from New York 10.27.2001 Video DVD+/-R
10.27.2001 New York, NY Fire Chief, The Edge ( D. Caruso ) Audio CD-R
10.27.2001 New York Out Of Control In N Y C Video DVD+/-R

(offer is open to you too sami)

Back
Top Bottom