Bono's shades in K-PAX.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tobayman007

Babyface
OK, here's a real challenge for anyone out there.
I've been looking for these for a long time with absolutely no luck- they are the shades Kevin Spacey wore in the movie "K-PAX". Apparently these were borrowed from Bono who liked them so much he asked for them back after the film was completed. They are a black frame semi wrap-around with what appears to be a dark red or brown lens. They are not Flys, Cutler and Gross or Armani- I've researched all those. The closest I've seen are from Dita, the model called Fury. Any ideas? I'll include a link from the film.
Movie Photos: Kevin Spacey is Prot in Universal's K-PAX - 2001.
Good luck!!!

K-PAX glasses

Sorry, I don't buy that story. Source?

If you look up the movie in IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base) there is a trivia section where it says that Kevin Spacey borrowed the shades from Bono. I would LOVE to see a picture of Bono wearing these cause it would help in my search. The shades that he puts on at the end of "One" could be them but I can never get a clear still shot of them. If you click on the link I posted previously you'll see Spacey wearing them. They look like vintage Ray Bans but are more wrap-around and have dark red or dark brown lenses.

K-PAX glasses

I've never heard of this either, nor have I seen Bono wear them. Do you have any pics so we can see it clearly?

Yeah, clink on link previously posted under Movie Stills- I posted a photo of Spacey wearing them.

I believe it; Spacey's a huge U2 fan (several ATCLB era photos of them together) and the shades look like the Walk On CD single shades.

You know, when I saw this movie a few years ago, I thought those looked like Bono shades. That's cool if it's really true.

If you look up the movie in IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base) there is a trivia section where it says that Kevin Spacey borrowed the shades from Bono. I would LOVE to see a picture of Bono wearing these cause it would help in my search. The shades that he puts on at the end of "One" could be them but I can never get a clear still shot of them. If you click on the link I posted previously you'll see Spacey wearing them. They look like vintage Ray Bans but are more wrap-around and have dark red or dark brown lenses.

The shades Bono Puts on at the end of 'One' are definitely Cutler & Gross 0276.

The sunglasses in this video look like something Cutler & Gross would make but I've never seen them before or seen Bono wearing them.

Yeah, clink on link previously posted under Movie Stills- I posted a photo of Spacey wearing them.
Well, which of the people in the pics is Kevin Spacey? I've no clue what he looks like and there's a lot of pics on that page.

I believe it; Spacey's a huge U2 fan (several ATCLB era photos of them together) and the shades look like the Walk On CD single shades.

Walk on vid had Selima Optics.

Yeah I'm sorry aside from that comment on IMDB which could have been submitted by anyone there is no evidence that Bono ever wore these shades. There are hundreds of shades that "look like Bono shades".

And GG, you don't know what Kevin Spacey looks like? Un-axe-cept-able. :tsk:

:wink:

Cutler & Gross??

The shades Bono Puts on at the end of 'One' are definitely Cutler & Gross 0276.

The sunglasses in this video look like something Cutler & Gross would make but I've never seen them before or seen Bono wearing them.

Are you sure? The Cutler & Gross glasses have very round frames, almost like goggles and the ones he's wearing look more flat. Maybe they're a vintage style??

Yeah I'm sorry aside from that comment on IMDB which could have been submitted by anyone there is no evidence that Bono ever wore these shades. There are hundreds of shades that "look like Bono shades".

:reject: I barely watch movies that aren't comedies, and I don't think I've ever watched a movie with him before. I just keep dissapointing you don't I?

I have a pair of C&G 0276 (as in the One vid), these do look similar but are definitely not them.

I believe you're right....

After further research I do believe that the Bono story is just a rumor. There is absolutely no evidence that the glasses belonged to Bono. There are no pictures of Bono ever wearing those glasses or anything even resembling them and on the bonus dvd of the film where director Ian Softley provides commentary, he says that there were actually different glasses used with different lens colors. He wanted the audience to sometimes see through the lenses and at other times wanted them totally dark. The glasses he wears in the beginning of the film are more rounded with red tinted lenses and in later scenes he is wearing a square Ray Ban style frame with brownish lenses. Most likely the only 2 people who know the style name are Kevin Spacey and the prop master Doug Madison.

style and brand confirmed....

Found the shades- they're Dita "Stilo". They only made a few pairs as a promotion for the film back in 2001 and discontinued them so they're very rare. Thanks to all you guys for confirming that Bono never wore these. It turns out it was just a joke by Kevin Spacey during an interview.

Back
Top Bottom