Bono's Leather Jackets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I know that most of Bono's jackets are found in secondhand stores and then have flair added on by a costumist or something, but I was wondering----Has anyone found jackets similar to some of those that Bono wears? Like, any certain brands or stores?

Preferably on the cheap side...:wink:

My friend's version of Slane Castle DVD Elevation tour Bono jacket hehehe :) :rockon:

9e47150b.jpg

now THAT's what I'm talking about!

How did he/she do it? Just sew on all the red designs him/herself?

Utoo said:
now THAT's what I'm talking about!

How did he/she do it? Just sew on all the red designs him/herself?

I think he cut the red designs and take it to someone else to sew them. (someone specialized in sewing..hehe)

here is the another pic of the jacket.

remeber that Bono's had a panther/tiger/whatever in the back?
hehe

027d12e5.jpg

Last edited:
^ That is kick-ass! I think I may have to employ your friend.....:wink:

Geez, it's beautiful !!!!

I dream of this jacket... and also of the jacket Bono wore during the grammys 2005 and several other occasions (like the Late Night with Conan O'Brien Show), cause i love the red stuff at the very bottom of the sleeves.

I have a Bono knock off Elevation jacket with the American flag lining and I bought it from a website in Spain for $135. They are out of business now. I know a couple of U2 tribute bands whose singers have made their own jackets, it's not that difficult.

Hey, does anybody happen to have any photo's of the replica jacket mentioned above? Im new here (late to this thread obviously lol) and i don't see any pics... maybe somebody saved them? I too made a replica of the jacket from the Slane Castle dvd.. its pretty close although not 100% perfect. It still looks very cool..Im interested in seeing pics of the one mentioned above though...

Back
Top Bottom