Bono Shades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsgoblue said:
I haven't seen the Eiffel Tower...but I know it's there....;)

:shrug:

Well, just as a little FYI.... the glamour green ones, they have light VIOLET lenses... so U might want 2 check and confirm on the tower while you're at it! :wink:

Mr_LeMon said:
No no nooo nooo! Cos I get mine Bvlgari from B-Man, and the modell No. is 519 102/7C which is actually available for anyone.

The only thing which is custommade for Bono, is the silver clip, Bvlgari made him a big "B" letter instead of the originally a square shaped. Bot not on every shades has B-Man the big B. He had these on Time mag, at the Oprah show... Too much talkin...

Yup...That'd be the model, in the blue color.

Mr_LeMon said:
Short BSDB (Bono Shades Data Base) for Shadecholics!

Bvlgari 519 102/7C - It's the recent blue wraparound
Bvlgari 519 102 - The transparent one
Bvlgari 519 101 - Not sure about the color number, but this is the one with dark brown lenses, and was used forexample in ES video

Bvlgari 611 102 - Blue, used during the Elevation Tour 1st and 2nd leg
Bvlgari 611 128 - Dark green, used in Elevation video

Romeo Gigli 191S 545 - Green, used in Walk On video, Clarence TOTP
Romeo Gigli 191S 286 - Blue, used at Grammy 2001
Romeo Gigli 191S 564 - Red, used at EMA 2000

Romeo Gigli 226S 2M4 - Green lenses, used during the Elevation Tour 3rd leg
Romeo Gigli 226S 2M1 - Blue lenses, used at World Economic Conf.
Romeo Gigli 226S 2M2 - Red lenses, used at VMA 2001
Romeo Gigli 226S 2M3 - Smoke lenses, used nowhere public, Bono wore during the making of ES video

Ext頥yewear EX07S 570 - not sure about that, but similar to the one which is on Elevation single cover

Diesel HEADSETNS - With custom orange lenses, wore at VH1 Beautiful Day video premiere

Black Flys No.5 - Black, used in Beautiful Day video

Marcolin - Black rim, blue lenses, custommade with the dragon pearl inlay, wore at EMA 1999

Alain Mikli's 3214 - Used during PopMart Tour in different colours (yellow, orange, smoke, red)

I wanted to add, that sometimes Bono used custom coloured shades from the list above. For example RG 226S with light smoke lenses, Bvlgari 611 with lilac lenses, and Black Flys No.5 with transparent rim.

Nice work! I'm not seeing the Prada Miu Miu glasses that he's wearing right now during the Vertigo tour. I don't have the model number though.

Dragonfave said:
Hi guys. Okay, this may sound like a bad idea to most of you, but would anyone here willing to send me any Bono-type shades (doesn't matter which style: The Fly, POPMart, Elevation, Vertigo....) for free, please? If anyone want to give away one of your shades to me, please email me: Dragon_316ca@yahoo.ca

(Keep in mind that I'm NOT willing to trade or exchange anything.................)

Why would anyone do that?

Infinitum98 said:
How many pairs of shades do you guys thinks the man has? :wink: :scratch:

Oh man! Who knows...He gives them away here and there...Gave a pair away during the Seattle #2 show. I'm sure he gets them free...Think about the marketing by Bulgari, D&G, Prada, Black Flys, etc.

romeo gigli it's 191 or 181???
there is one in blue lenses on e-bay for only 70 dollars, real cheap , but now i dont have condition to buy them!!!
maybe someone would like them,,,hurry up the interesteds, only one more day

Teski said:

Nice work! I'm not seeing the Prada Miu Miu glasses that he's wearing right now during the Vertigo tour. I don't have the model number though.

The glasses he is wearing on the tour are NOT Prada Miu Miu....look again...Otto's got some good pics and I have a fan pic which clearly shows that its not the Miu...unless its a completely new model..

gabrielvox said:

The glasses he is wearing on the tour are NOT Prada Miu Miu....look again...Otto's got some good pics and I have a fan pic which clearly shows that its not the Miu...unless its a completely new model..

In the Seattle show on 4/25, I'm quite sure he had a few different shades on. These are the ones I'm talking about from Miu Miu:

shop_423.jpg

yes, those are Prada, but the 2 pairs the he uses in the concerts are very diferent than that on.
i saw pics from the show of seatle and didn't see him with these, offstage you say?? peraphs, but he also uses D%G and Bulgari offstage

woot woot!!!

just woke up after a 4 am post-October show breakfast...yeah rock star life is so hard LMAO..

anyways someone there had pics from SD..and some verrry close shots..one of which showed the emblem on the side of the glasses he's wearing onstage...

and now I know what they are!!
hehe

*ducks*

:madspit:

:wink:

Last edited:
gabrielvox said:
woot woot!!!

just woke up after a 4 am post-October show breakfast...yeah rock star life is so hard LMAO..

anyways someone there had pics from SD..and some verrry close shots..one of which showed the emblem on the side of the glasses he's wearing onstage...

and now I know what they are!!
hehe

*ducks*

:madspit:

:wink:

OK...And the answer is?

i see a symbol in the rigth side of sunglasses in a B&W pic, but don't know to wich brand it belongs!!!

it's a big symbol with a litle round hole in the midle...
first time i saw it it looked like a head of snake but now don't know wtf it looks like!! come on, if you know the brand tell us please

Well, I enlarged a high-res photo that I had as well, and I'm guessing Diesel. But having a hard time finding this style online.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

C'mon Gabe :)

Anyway the dark ones on stage are MIU MIU, but dunno what brand are the red shades. Offstage now I saw on him a new blue/gray Bvlgari (looked really girlish :) and another crappy dark glasses. :)

Last edited:
Poportugal said:
no, the black ones are the same brand as the pink Lemon...
i going to get some Romeo Gigli for myself!!!

Ohh, you're right. He wore the dark MIUMIU offstage :D sorry

for Gods sake he hasnt worn the fucking MIU MIU during ANY performance since the EDIT: GRAMMY SHOW, as far as I've heard. THESE ARE NOT MIU MIU. I REPEAT. NOT MIU MIU.

GODDMANNIT

LOL

OH BTW - They are SUPPOSED to be either Giorgio or Emporio Armani

but noone can fucking confirm it

fuck
lol

Last edited:
They ARE Giorgio Armani's.... i had the same pair in Orange about 4 months ago, but the arm broke easily, and I got different shades to replace them... Unfortunately, the idiots in Sunglass Hut could not find a model number, but he did confirm they had been discontinued..... I don't know if he meant from the store, or by the manufacturer...

gabrielvox said:
for Gods sake he hasnt worn the fucking MIU MIU during ANY performance since the EDIT: GRAMMY SHOW, as far as I've heard. THESE ARE NOT MIU MIU. I REPEAT. NOT MIU MIU.

GODDMANNIT

LOL

OH BTW - They are SUPPOSED to be either Giorgio or Emporio Armani

but noone can fucking confirm it

fuck
lol

Dude...They're sunglasses....You need to relax!

The Disciple said:
They ARE Giorgio Armani's.... i had the same pair in Orange about 4 months ago, but the arm broke easily, and I got different shades to replace them... Unfortunately, the idiots in Sunglass Hut could not find a model number, but he did confirm they had been discontinued..... I don't know if he meant from the store, or by the manufacturer...

Well then I wasnt being given the runaround maybe...there is a place in Italy with online support...they just told me that indeed they were Armani....AND...that they were from an old line, had been discontinued, out of production...

:sad:

about the shades from the shows, i saw these on e-bay but doens't show the model... but take a look at pics, it's similar
put together the word ebay for link works:

http://cgi.e b a y.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15736&item=6773593652&rd=1&tc=photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom