Bono Shades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm hunting the net - theres a guy on ebay selling the bvlgari 519 glasses and i found another site that sells the d&g ones really cheap but i can't find the bvlgari 611's anywhere!!!!! and they're the ones i really like...!!! anyone???

i want bono glasses!!!!!!!

Hiya

I know where you get the Bono Bvlgari 519
Just search with Bvlgari 519 via yahoo and there are several shops

yeah i found loads of 519s but its the 611s i'm having probs with
liek the 519s enough to get them instead though so its not a disaster.
hell, who am i kidding, i want all of them!

Szia Mr Lemon,

I will hear today if some have the Alain Mikli orange and yellow.
I asked at sunglassdesign and giaree, so who knows

By the way. I like more the Bvlgari 626 then the 519's
And then especially the blue ones. So bono is wearing those 626 now as well?

Cnelson, you are in Ontario right?

I am able to get any sunglasses Bono wore, the authentic ones..if you look on my band website you will see me wearing various different models...email me at

gabrielh@cogeco.ca

and I will steer you right..anyone else, feel free as well..

THe only pair I cannot get are the Alain Mikli's he wore on the Popmart tour..

LeMon is correct tho -the Bvlgari 519s with the "B" are custom - only in frame clip alone.

Cheers!

Last edited:
can anybody tell me where I can find/what is the brand name of the shades Bono's been wearing the last month or so? He's worn several shades, including dark brown ones today at the Q Icon awards....and he wore some light pink ones on O'Reilly...any help would be appreciated.

any guesses on the pair he wore on CD:UK performance of Vertigo?

They *could* be custom D&G 2138s - the "B" on the arm leads me to think that...HOWEVER...the nose piece is not the same as the 2138 - the 2138 has a little metal rim around it, these do not, they are closer to the bulgari lens...

damn you B!!!

lol

gabrielvox said:
any guesses on the pair he wore on CD:UK performance of Vertigo?

They *could* be custom D&G 2138s - the "B" on the arm leads me to think that...HOWEVER...the nose piece is not the same as the 2138 - the 2138 has a little metal rim around it, these do not, they are closer to the bulgari lens...

damn you B!!!

lol

I was thinking the same :) Damn!

The most famous...

35_1.jpg

:yes:

I like his chocolate 519s....alot.

I've decided I'm getting the D&Gs, cause I just will not be happy until I do...let the money saving begin. :grumpy: U2 is going to bleed me dry and I still love them for it---yes, I'm a U2 whore.

Last edited:
Eh . . . I guess I gave up on Bono shades after seeing how bad I looked in the orange Popmart Miklis. Bono and I are the same height, but there seems to be a difference in the size of our faces . . .

I've seen him wearing the D&G's in BROWN.....can't find them anywhere...please let me know if you do.....

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
Eh . . . I guess I gave up on Bono shades after seeing how bad I looked in the orange Popmart Miklis. Bono and I are the same height, but there seems to be a difference in the size of our faces . . .

Sorry about that, but that means you can sell me those shades! :D Pleeeeeeeeeease pleeeeeeeeeeaseeee

Anyway dont give it up. Maybe other models like Bvlgari 519 will suit you. The Mikli one is a bit wide, and it was wide for Bono too.

Last edited:
i can't find Mikli anywhere?? here can i find them?? im going to bulgari 611 -103 because 102 are a very ligth blue, i would look sissy in those!!!

sorry stars...but they *do come in brown...they just arent listed anywhere..

then again...neither are the ones he wear's on the new Vertigo video or HTAAB early promo shots..trust me...;)

(but they DO change color in different lighting...quite a neat effect really...)

Poportugal said:
i can't find Mikli anywhere?? here can i find them?? im going to bulgari 611 -103 because 102 are a very ligth blue, i would look sissy in those!!!

I got lucky and found a pair on ebay a couple years ago from (if I recall correctly) a seller in France. Ha, I had to fight for them. I was surprised at how wide (and heavy!) they were.

I actually would probably sell them if I had them on me, but, alas, they are at my house in Wisconsin and I'm in a dumpy air field in Afghanistan :slant:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom