Bono Shades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Even though they're wrong.... at the RRHOF he wore the awesome green ones of which I've already posted a picture here....

Scanning through this thread, most of the talk is about the official models of B's glasses.....pretty out of my price range.

Anyone know of any cheap but decent replicas?

discothequeLP said:
they're the d23 ones. so cool :drool:

meh..not to my taste...I had them (when I first thought they were the HTDAAB promos) and the G37s you have I also had...not disputing that Bono wore them...but when I tried them on and wore them around I thought they looked cheesy...that flash blue purple tint just said 'flea market $10 shades' when I looked at myself especially in day/sunlight - yuck!

Anyhoo I ended up trading them for the H50 and G35s. Great thing about both pairs is how great they look in different situations and different lighting...for example..on stage the H50 looks reddish and sometimes blue...but in direct sunlight it is black and very smart looking as it has the chrome trim for contrast unlike the all black model which inexplicably DG decided to put white ear guards on - what were they thinking???

The G35s, which I can't stop wearing, not only have a flash green to them, but onstage they go tan/brown, and depending on what color hat I have on (black or green), they change color to suit the hat. Very cool.

So really, even in my role as "bono", I don't always go with exactly the color he wears. If it doesn't look good on me in my opinion, I'm not buying it.

My suggestion is go out and try the damn things on, and go outside in the sunlight and see if you like how they look. Cause most of you won't be wearing them onstage or have a thousand flashbulbs going off in your face when you wear them, you'll be wearing them outdoors in the general public, so thinking that your glasses will necessarily look like Bono's might not be true.

Just my advice after being through a few pairs of "bono glasses" lol - speech over! ;)

on the Q cover you can clearly see the emporio armani logo on the bono's shades.

I wanted just to say that! :)

Anyway, just bought black-orange Mikli shades. Look gorgeous! But still looking for the full orange ones :)

Last edited:
yes, on the frame there's EMPORIO"eagle logo"ARMANI, no eagle on the lenses.
so it must be the 9285/S model that the armani's callcenter told me in september. in fact, by that time, they were GIORGIO ARMANI, but the girl said that they will be in store as emporio.
they will be out in jennuary.

so what color/model are bono's main shades that he wore mainly on Vertigo Tour (the purple/red lenses).
the ones in the TIME magazine cover.

arturogas said:
So plese tell me the model number is 9258
it´s going to be Emporio Armani
And it's gonna be released around 20 - 25th January 2006
Am I right??

Please if i'm wrong tell me

I thought the model # was 9285

i called safilo (that make the sunglasses for EA) and they said to me that the 9285/s will be avaible by the end of this month.
they said that there will be even a 9286 model, but i don't know how they are.
the bono ones are 9285, as the emporio armani said to me.
then we will see.

surely there will be the pink and the black one, as he wears on Q.
i think that there will be a blue one, but i don't think there will be the color he used at live8.

The Live8 green color is actually the same color that appears black in Q magazine. It's a very dark picture and I put it in Photoshop and when its lightened, you can clearly see the glasses are the same green ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom