Best of 1980-1990 VCD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Does anyone own this set? It's supposedly two discs and contains the same 15 videos that are on the VHS. If anyone does own this, how is the video quality? Is it much better than the VHS? Where can I find it the cheapest?

So, many questions, if only they'd release Best of 1980-1990 on DVD. Mmmm......Classic U2 vids on DVD.... :drool:

BigMacPhisto said:
Does anyone own this set? It's supposedly two discs and contains the same 15 videos that are on the VHS. If anyone does own this, how is the video quality? Is it much better than the VHS? Where can I find it the cheapest?

So, many questions, if only they'd release Best of 1980-1990 on DVD. Mmmm......Classic U2 vids on DVD.... :drool:

Most likely the VCD set was made from the VHS. It's probably a boot, even if it claims to be "legal."

Typically, VCD's are as good in quality as a VHS. The advantage is that you can skip to certain songs easily. The disadvantage is that not all DVD players will play VCD's.

It's fairly easy to make VCD's from VHS tapes. One can do this rather cheaply at home. If you really want the VCD's for their ease of use, get them. Otherwise, I'm sure the VHS tape is enough.

Thanks for the info. I have now decided to get the VHS instead and will be enjoying it along with the rest of the U2 videos that I don't own yet when my birthday rolls around in October.

Actually this was an official release. The 2 VCD set was available in Asia where VCD's (official ones) are much more popular than the US.

They also released the PopMart Mexico show as well....

I got this off ebay...looks official, but the quality is not very good...only as good as VHS, as mentioned in the posts above. I was rather disappointed in it... :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom