Best cdr brand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont know if Staples carries them but the best brand I have ever used is Fuji's made in Japan. They are pretty much the standard these days. I have never had a problem with them. Make sure they say made in Japan and not Taiwan if you purchase them because there is a difference.

Otherwise I have no other recommendation as I dont use any others. I would stay away from TDK's though, they changed them a few years ago and they are awful now.

yeah, verbatim data life plus... memorex are good too, i never had troubles with them, also Sony are good

i don t know about tdk cd r...i just know that the dvd r are perfect from this brand

when i have some problem with CD it's always the brand: BASF EMTEC. I never have problem witht the others brands. I use mainly Imation, Sony,Memorex and Verbatim for CDR

I only buy media made in Japan, and for CDRs it's usually Fuji. I've had problems with media NOT made in Japan... and all the Japan made discs seem to work wonderfully for me so far with no problems. For DVDs I only use TY or Ritek. The only problem is, most brands of media in the brick and mortar stores are Taiwan made. :( Fuji is the only Japan-made ones I can find in regular stores...and then only at Best Buy and CompUSA. And yes, watch out because some Fuji disks are made in Taiwan.

I buy most of my media online and in bulk.

Verbatim Data Life Plus's are great also. Unfortunately I cannot find them any longer where I live. Verbatim have a 24 X regular brand with a red label that are the worst CDR's I have ever purchased. So you have to be careful.

I find that Memorex's burn ok initially but do not age well. They also scratch much more easily than alot of other CDR brands. I have never used them but others I know have indicated to me that the Sony CDR's sometimes have problems copying when you are making another copy.

Regarding DVDR's, actually I read a review on them and TDK are rated one of the worst with those as well. I KNOW the CDR's are garbage from experience.

The only brand I have never heard a complaint about is Fuji brand made in Japan. Mitsui are good also, but they are basically Fuji's and they are more difficult to find in the U.S.

Don't buy Memorex...I have had so many of those CD's fail on me.

Friends don't let friends use Memorex!!

martha said:
Thanks everyone! I was able to get the Japanese Fujis at CompUSA cheaper then the Taiwanese Fujis at :mad: Best Buy :mad: . Which is a place I hate anyway.

Good girl :applaud:

bono_man2002 said:
even "crappy cheap" cd-rs work fine...i've brought 25 packs for $10 never had any trouble with them....not 1 coaster

Got to agree with you there. My friends and I use whatever we have lying around and I'd never heard of a CDR not working until I came here ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom