Anyone used 4sunglass.com???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ufboy73

The Fly
i found a site on the net that seems to sell a lot of bono-oriented sunglasses (4sunglass.com) - i have also seen some references on here. must admit, i am really excited to have found someplace that has so many of the styles in one place!

i am wondering if anyone could share their experiences in using them for their bono shades - authenticity, quality of product, shipping times, customer service, any return policy, etc?

thanks a lot - always a little nervous about ordering over the net (particularly something like sunglasses that may be damaged - i.e. scratches, frames bent, etc.)....thanks again!

I've ordered twice from 4sunglass, and they are GREAT. If you ever have a question they will email you back within a day unless something happens.

They are very fast shippers too, and everything you buy from there is 100% authentic...well atleast I was told so.

4sunglass is an excellent ebayer and also a very nice bloke. Always keeps you in touch about B-man's shades.

Also very good to deal through his wbesite too. A guy you can trust for sure :wink:

another question

a little off the topic so maybe i need to start a new post but does anyone know where i can find a selection of the older D&G shades bono used to wear (i think style number d2138)? i found one web site but it only has the 'clear' lens color and was looking for some others....

thanks!

tps,

thanks - i had tried that (which is how i found the 'clear' lens pair)...unfortunately, the sites i went to listed some of the other pairs but when i tried to add them to my cart they were either no longer available or an error message came up...was just hoping someone might already have a preferred vendor/site that they knew had some still available

thanks

ebay -> type bono sunglasses and search in title AND description.

brandedcraze (ebayer) has some colors, and another guy has some too.

Moonwalker_13 said:
ebay -> type bono sunglasses and search in title AND description.

brandedcraze (ebayer) has some colors, and another guy has some too.

ah, thanks moonwalker - i did find 3 different colors with the seller you listed (and saw a pair from another seller as well). Any chance you have used 'brandecraze' on ebay before for sunglasses - always worry about the internet sellers (and ebay even more)...thanks again for the tip!

ok, im finding it hard to identify colored lenses on the internet - can anyone give a breakdown of the color codes of the D&G 2138 models??

for instance, are the D23's the lens color in the vertigo video and the 'flatbed truck' coverage (perhaps they are another frustrating custom color)? are the g35's the glasses on the cover of bono:in conversation book?

any help appreciated!

Bono's flatbed truck and vertigo D&G's : 2138 G37.
Bono's D&G on Bono on Bono Book : G35 or G49
Bono's D&G on Vertigo clip HQ version and other events : G49

Last edited:
moonwalker,

how do the 2138's compare to the armani 9285's in terms of size...im particularly wondering about lens size (both width and height of the lenses) and width of the frames.

i dont have a particulalry 'long' face so sometimes some of the bono lenses can appear too big for my face - the armanis are ok (so if the D&G's are not much 'higher' than the armanis i should be fine).

also, does anyone know if the liver under the brooklyn bridge footage are the h49's?

thanks again

Last edited:
I got the h49, and i'm not quite sure they're the one of the brooklyn bridge. I think theyre the g37, like the ones he worn in the vertigo video, cause in the making of the video they appear the same see-thru brown color under the spanish sun than brookyln bridge full lightning. But he wore the h49 for the NRJ music awards if i remember correctly

And as for the fit, the d&g are kind of squared shades, they are not as high as the armanis for example, do not cover the eyebrows. (i speak for me here...) however they are wide enough to cover the face, bu do not go too far like the miumiu 51c could if you have not a wide face.

Hope i helped.

naycookeu2 said:
the d&g are a tighter fit than armanis, almost the same fit as Bvlgari 549.

i assume you mean tighter in fit with respect to the width of the frames? is the lens size (top to bottom) more similar to the 549's than the 9285's because the lenses of my 549's fit me better than the 9285's (however, if the frames on the D&G's are any narrower than the 549's i could be in trouble)...thanks!

great - thanks...and would the length (top to bottom of the lens) be more similar to the armanis or bulgaris?

thanks again

I've tried on the brown 549 and the D&G's and I feel like the 549 are bigger, in that sense...

great thanks a lot...another question - im still having some trouble with seeing the tint color of the lenses clearly on the internet....how dark/light (can you see through them at all for example) and what hue (is there a greenish or blueish aspect to the lense for example) would you guys describe each of the following D&G colors:

g37
g35
h49
d23

you guys have been really helpful so far!

I've only tried on the G37 and when I did I bought them straight away. They are a purple colour which turn blue in certain light. I think the G37 are the darkest of the D&G sunglasses.

naycookeu2 said:
I've only tried on the G37 and when I did I bought them straight away. They are a purple colour which turn blue in certain light. I think the G37 are the darkest of the D&G sunglasses.

nay,

even darker than the d23??

Ok so here are the infos i have

I own : H49, G49, and D23

H49 : Shiny Brown arms with brown lenses, in full sun, your eyes can be seen by others, otherwise no. Really nice shades;

D23: Dark gray, but as for the H49 in full light, but VERY VERY strong, your eyes can be seen. They're all black on the arms, frames etc..

G49 : my favorites !!! Totally see thru, when you wear them you see in a slightly pink on the top of the lenses, and a slightly green on the bottom. The sun makes them look like you got "rainbow-shades" lol. I love those shades, I really really do !!!

Last edited:
Moonwalker_13 said:
Ok so here are the infos i have

I own : H49, G49, and D23

H49 : Shiny Brown arms with brown lenses, in full sun, your eyes can be seen by others, otherwise no. Really nice shades;

D23: Dark gray, but as for the H49 in full light, but VERY VERY strong, your eyes can be seen. They're all black on the arms, frames etc..

G49 : my favorites !!! Totally see thru, when you wear them you see in a slightly pink on the top of the lenses, and a slightly green on the bottom. The sun makes them look like you got "rainbow-shades" lol. I love those shades, I really really do !!!

moonwalker, thanks...

just to be clear - are you saying the d23 are similar to the h49 in direct light? or do you mean they are lighter than the h49?

also, unfortunately i can not find the g49 available anywhere - any chance you recall seeing the g37?

about green armani 9285

Hi everyone

hey Moonwalker_13 it seems like you know a lot of bono's shades hope you can help me.
I recently bought the EA 9285, the ones that bono wore in live 8.
They are authentical, but i think they don't look the same, would it be because i need excesive light to look like the ones bono wears? or the ones that bono wears are custom made?

Those shades on me look a little dark.

I replied on the other thread but... yes they are custom. Tthe ones from live 8 have black arms, are labelled giorgio armani not emporio, and are darker than the faded greens in stores because they are DARKgreen/black at the top and yeloow at the bottom, while ours are light green to clear gray.

If you want some other ingfos about Bono glasses, we have a special thread for this : the ultra deluxe bono shades thread (4th or 5th thread about his glasses ! lol)

Back
Top Bottom