Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dublin,
first at all nice compliments for the nice video and beautiful collection.
If I may, I have found some mistakes in the description of the images...
Here are the details :
The fly sunglasses in brown colour is a replica and onto the arms there is written wiking 1973 not 1972.
Your Mikli sunglasses model in yellow colour is 3244 and not 3214. Bono has never wore this one.
The Romeo Gigli in orange colour is from 2001 and not from 2000.
The Bvlgari 519 in blue colour and flash grey colour is from 2002 and not from 2001.
The Bvlgari 611 in blue colour and emerald green colour is from 2001 and not 2002.
Also your frame is 611 and not 610. Bono has never wore this one.
Also you have put on 2006 a Bono's photo with Giorgio Armani 1535 and not Emporio Armani 9285.
On the 2005 Bono has used both frames.
I think your Emporio Armani in flash pink colour is 9294 and not 9285.
The Bvlgari 549 is from 2004 (pre vertigo tour) and not from 2007.
From 2009 the Emporio Armani model is 9592 and not 9285 as you have written.
Also from 2010 the Bvlgari sunglasses is BV8025 732/87 and not Bvlgari 723 as you have written.
I think it's better to remake another video and to cancel this one that you have made.
Please don' take this as a criticism, but it wants to be just an help and a fix for our friends here in this forum.
Best regards, :wave:

Hello Dublin,
first at all nice compliments for the nice video and beautiful collection.
If I may, I have found some mistakes in the description of the images...
Here are the details :
The fly sunglasses in brown colour is a replica and onto the arms there is written wiking 1973 not 1972.
Your Mikli sunglasses model in yellow colour is 3244 and not 3214. Bono has never wore this one.
The Romeo Gigli in orange colour is from 2001 and not from 2000.
The Bvlgari 519 in blue colour and flash grey colour is from 2002 and not from 2001.
The Bvlgari 611 in blue colour and emerald green colour is from 2001 and not 2002.
Also your frame is 611 and not 610. Bono has never wore this one.
Also you have put on 2006 a Bono's photo with Giorgio Armani 1535 and not Emporio Armani 9285.
On the 2005 Bono has used both frames.
I think your Emporio Armani in flash pink colour is 9294 and not 9285.
The Bvlgari 549 is from 2004 (pre vertigo tour) and not from 2007.
From 2009 the Emporio Armani model is 9592 and not 9285 as you have written.
Also from 2010 the Bvlgari sunglasses is BV8025 732/87 and not Bvlgari 723 as you have written.
I think it's better to remake another video and to cancel this one that you have made.
Please don' take this as a criticism, but it wants to be just an help and a fix for our friends here in this forum.
Best regards, :wave:

Great stuff! Exactly what I was hoping for, this feedback will help me tighten up my details. Thanks for such a thorough review. I agree with your assessments.

There is only one area I think is correct as is. You are right, my Blvgari's are 611's and not 610's, I meant to change that before posting. I have a photo of Bono wearing the Emerald 611's (unless they are 610's) and I believe he did wear the blue 611's in concert.

That is a bummer about my Mikli's. When I bought them I was told that Bono wore this model on the first night of the PopMart Tour in Las Vegas (with black arms). before he switched to orange. I Googled PopMart Vegas and found the cooresponding pics with the Yellow pair. Anybody have a correct pair they want to sell?

I'll make an update to the video tonight, you are right I don't want to misrepresent our hobby. I do appreciate the feedback.

-Dublin:applaud:

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 56
Great stuff! Exactly what I was hoping for, this feedback will help me tighten up my details. Thanks for such a thorough review. I agree with your assessments.

There is only one area I think is correct as is. You are right, my Blvgari's are 611's and not 610's, I meant to change that before posting. I have a photo of Bono wearing the Emerald 611's (unless they are 610's) and I believe he did wear the blue 611's in concert.

That is a bummer about my Mikli's. When I bought them I was told that Bono wore this model on the first night of the PopMart Tour in Las Vegas (with black arms). before he switched to orange. I Googled PopMart Vegas and found the cooresponding pics with the Yellow pair. Anybody have a correct pair they want to sell?

I'll make an update to the video tonight, you are right I don't want to misrepresent our hobby. I do appreciate the feedback.

I do agree with Lio about all the remarks he made. He's a bible :applaud:
But your collection is fastly growing ! Congrats ! Specially with the Miu Miu which are very rare to find in good shape.

The Mikli are clearly 3244, and Bono never wore them, the lenses are smaller than 3214 and to my knowledge 3214 are almost impossible to find. If so the price is just crazy.
Another point is that the 3214 he wore in vegas had yellow lenses, and black with thin white touches on the arms...
I do have a pair of 3244 too with the pop mart orange color... But, the are not the 3214...

If you want to, you can get a pair of 9285 in green with Nathan, he still has pairs to sell. For other 226, I think Moreno (Sigma23) can help you too.
I do know well you emerald 611, I was the first owner. I sold them to Bobby, about one year ago, so I hope you will take good care of them.

All the best :wave:

But your collection is fastly growing ! Congrats ! Specially with the Miu Miu which are very rare to find in good shape.

The Mikli are clearly 3244, and Bono never wore them, the lenses are smaller than 3214 and to my knowledge 3214 are almost impossible to find. If so the price is just crazy.
Another point is that the 3214 he wore in vegas had yellow lenses, and black with thin white touches on the arms...
I do have a pair of 3244 too with the pop mart orange color... But, the are not the 3214...

If you want to, you can get a pair of 9285 in green with Nathan, he still has pairs to sell. For other 226, I think Moreno (Sigma23) can help you too.
I do know well you emerald 611, I was the first owner. I sold them to Bobby, about one year ago, so I hope you will take good care of them.

I do still have a few pairs of 9285 green if anyone is interested. They are brand new with case, cloth and tags attached :)

Thanks for the heads up on the Mikli's! I picked up a green pair of 9285 from Nathan the day he posted them, what a great find. He has been wonderful in helping me add on to my collection.

Yes, I picked up the emerald 611 from Bobby, nice to see you recognized them. They are definitely one of my favorite pairs. They look beautiful with the display lights on, they just sparkle.

Looks like I'm on the l-o-n-g hunt for the elusive 3214's! Thanks to all of you for the kind comments and feedback. I appreciate it :wave:

Yes, I thought we had decided the blue 611's (color code 102 i believe) was worn by Bono on stage for most of Elevation tour (including Slane concert, if you want to check out the dvd)

Yes, I thought we had decided the blue 611's (color code 102 i believe) was worn by Bono on stage for most of Elevation tour (including Slane concert, if you want to check out the dvd)

New video is done:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if0x21UlXUE

I was able to make all of the suggestions with he exception of the Mikli's (because I don't have any). I decided to keep them in to represent the era. I did put the following disclaimer for all of us collectors in the description:
- Viking 1973 is a reproduction of the original
- Alain Mikli are model 3244, Bono actually wore the 3214 model in orange (still looking if anyone has a pair to sell)
- Emporio Armani 9285 group shot, the flash pink pair are the 9294 model

Other than that, I hope everyone enjoys it and if I ever get that elusive pair of Milkis, the other RG model, or any other model I'm missing, I will update again. Thanks again for the feedback, I enjoyed making this and your recommendations really helped. - Dublin

Last edited:
isn't 9294 exactly the same of 1535? why i never heare about this one? 1535 i didn't see even in google.

Bravo Dublin !
With your collection of sunglasses that is growing every time you remade now a perfect video.
Thank you for your cooperation and for the comments.
The information we have and we know in this world of Bono's sunglasses is only thanks to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom