Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.... 3214's are just too much. Its seems like you have to blow at least $500 to get a pair and thats just too much for sunglasses.

The last ebay closing with 3214s sold for $633.00!
The color sucked too, all black with mirror blue lenses.

Ive been looking for some good everyday sunglasses and i decided
to order the new Mikli al0871 which are similar to the 3214's but also diffrent in a lot of ways. Anything thats handmade in France has to be of
good quality.

The question is : how to get the same color of Exte EX7/S Bono wore on the cover of the Elevation single ? I was lucky to get blue ones... Honey was the world champion with the red ones. :applaud:
So, any idea ?
And what do you think of the level of the auctions on the orange 3214 on eBay ?
Sheer madness for me :doh: !
Hi lobovox, I found the exact same sunglasses of the Elevation single cover after years of research :D

71273-albums284-picture2106.jpg

71273-albums284-picture2107.jpg

Well.... 3214's are just too much. Its seems like you have to blow at least $500 to get a pair and thats just too much for sunglasses.

The last ebay closing with 3214s sold for $633.00!
The color sucked too, all black with mirror blue lenses.

Ive been looking for some good everyday sunglasses and i decided
to order the new Mikli al0871 which are similar to the 3214's but also diffrent in a lot of ways. Anything thats handmade in France has to be of
good quality.

Well. I do own this model black with shiny blue lenses. The quality is incredible. The color of the lenses are maybe the best one to be wear on a sunny day because it really protects from the sun.
The point is that they are just difficult to wear every day. They are large an heavy and not really confortable. The AL0871 are much more confortable but they are not mythic.
Anyway, i bought mine brand new. They were in dead stock at Mikli company in Paris for less than 200 €... So : 633 $... sheer madness.:doh:

Bvlgari 549 brown

Hi

I want to know, if someone is interested on my Bvlgari sunglasses 549
brown colour. I bought the glasses on ebay last week, but the colour
is not my thing. I would like to exchange the glasses for the same
model but in another colour. I am also interested on the blue
Emporio Armani 9285.

If someone is interested..please contact me: landofsunshine75@yahoo.de

What are your thoughts on the Romeo Gigli 181's? I like them. A more modified 191. I feel the RG 191's are a little too big.

The madness continues on ebay!

Someone is selling a pair of blue 519s for 1000 (!) Dollars:crack:

Seriously! There is something really wrong with this. Sunglasses are meant to be worn, not stored as a freeking museum piece. How could you ever feel comfortable going out with a thousand dollar investment on your face? This whole "Bono sunglasses" thing needs to be toned down a bit. The prices are just crazily inflated by collectors or forums like this one. (No disrespect.)

( Lobovox ) ... I wasnt trying to talk bad on your Mikli 3214's. I like them all, i just cant see how someone would spend $633.00 on them. Its just too much!!!

I doubt ill ever get them because anytime you find them on ebay people always charge too much! It just doesnt seem worth it.

If you ever want to sell your 3214's drop me a line, Im sure idd give you more then you paid!

newbrier@aol.com

Seriously! There is something really wrong with this. Sunglasses are meant to be worn, not stored as a freeking museum piece. How could you ever feel comfortable going out with a thousand dollar investment on your face? This whole "Bono sunglasses" thing needs to be toned down a bit. The prices are just crazily inflated by collectors or forums like this one. (No disrespect.)

I TOTALLY AGREE. Bono wears glasses for the enjoyment and style, not because its a statement of how much money he has. If it was a statement, then the new 9592's would sell for A LOT more than $150 on Ebay. If those get sold, I will be incredibly surprised and disappointed.

Exactly my sentiments. Exactly.

On a side note, my car cost me less than 1000 Dollars.

But people who buy Miklis for ridiculous prices will probably argue that it won't even protect me from UV rays....:hmm:

What are your thoughts on the Romeo Gigli 181's? I like them. A more modified 191. I feel the RG 191's are a little too big.

Personally I agree on the 191's - a little too big -- and the 181's are a little too small, but then, that's just my head size. Which makes a huge difference.

HELP (Armani 9585)

My glasses Bono, have just dropped on the ground and broke ...

I'm now looking for Armani Sunglasses 9585 model like those worn by Bono in 2005 to 2006! I did some research on the web ... but too expensive...Yes I have a lot of money to invest in U2, but I don't want to pay that much for a simple sunglasses. So I'm looking for a good/cheap price, the lowest possible! Can you help me please ?

The color does not matter ... Blue, red, green, brown, gray ... whatever! Thank you !

(sorry for my english)

350__1_ea9285-6LBO0.jpg

I TOTALLY AGREE. Bono wears glasses for the enjoyment and style, not because its a statement of how much money he has. If it was a statement, then the new 9592's would sell for A LOT more than $150 on Ebay. If those get sold, I will be incredibly surprised and disappointed.

I do agree.
I have many pairs but I do wear almost all of them. Except 2 pairs : my 3244 Orange (to flashy) and the Propaganda Fly shades (too HUGE).
The problem is where is the limit between collector addiction and the fact that these objects also protect from the sun.
Let me be more clear : I do not need 22 pairs of sunglasses. I collect them. I wear them too because they are wonderful shades...
But I think that enough is enough... 1000$ for 519 :doh:... That is stupid. The guy who sold them is the man behind u2mart. He sold many 519 in blue during 2005...

Another point : my two last pairs are on the way :
D&G 2138 G35 + 519 Flash Grey.
And then my quest will be almost over :
GA 1535:drool:
Exte Elevation Cover :cute:
I am close...:hyper:

That dude selling the blue 519s for $1,000 "buy it now" is a greedy piece of shit!!! His starting price is $400 "with reserve not met"!:angry::angry::angry:

People should leave him messages on E-Bay telling him how greedy he is.
Im serious, people need to tell that dude whats what!:angry::angry::angry:

Maybe if he gets enough negatve responces he'll think twice about trying to list something for so much money.:angry::angry::angry:

what a douche bag!:angry::angry::angry:

That dude selling the blue 519s for $1,000 "buy it now" is a greedy piece of shit!!! His starting price is $400 "with reserve not met"!:angry::angry::angry:

People should leave him messages on E-Bay telling him how greedy he is.
Im serious, people need to tell that dude whats what!:angry::angry::angry:

Maybe if he gets enough negatve responces he'll think twice about trying to list something for so much money.:angry::angry::angry:

what a douche bag!:angry::angry::angry:

Let's just hope he fails to sell them. Anyone paying a thousand dollars for sunglasses needs to be ashamed of themselves; it's just so selfish and hedonistic. You could do so much more with a thousand bucks, like taking your friends out to dinner or getting your mom a birthday gift. I think Bono would be upset about this listing, considereing that he does dedicate a portion of his large income to charity. The seller is either desperate for cash or is, indeed, a douche bag!

Bono would be pissed about someone trying to sell those Sunglasses for so much.
After all, people like that are trying to capitalise of his name.

Bono himself has never spent $1,000 on sunglasses and he's a millionaire!
So i guess Joe Blow will????

This man are really crazy !!! :huh:
I hope nobody buy his sunglasses never :D

Bono would be pissed about someone trying to sell those Sunglasses for so much.
After all, people like that are trying to capitalise of his name.

Bono himself has never spent $1,000 on sunglasses and he's a millionaire!
So i guess Joe Blow will????

I think Bono have all his sunglasses for free. It is a good investment for brands lie Armani, Bulgari, Exté or Miu Miu... In the case of Mikli I think it was the same before the Pop Mart Tour.
Maybe thé only sunglasses he payed were the 519 with the "B" at thé end of the arms.

The good answer is to hope that nobody will buy the Blue 519 on eBay. :applaud:

The good answer is to hope that nobody will buy the Blue 519 on eBay. :applaud:[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you my friend :sexywink:

My glasses Bono, have just dropped on the ground and broke ...

I'm now looking for Armani Sunglasses 9585 model like those worn by Bono in 2005 to 2006! I did some research on the web ... but too expensive...Yes I have a lot of money to invest in U2, but I don't want to pay that much for a simple sunglasses. So I'm looking for a good/cheap price, the lowest possible! Can you help me please ?

The color does not matter ... Blue, red, green, brown, gray ... whatever! Thank you !

(sorry for my english)

350__1_ea9285-6LBO0.jpg
There's a pair of brown 9285's on ebay right now for two bills. That's about the price right now. A couple years ago there were plenty online for $90. They will only get more difficult to get and expensive with time. You can forget about Armani re-releasing them.

Although I have a feeling there must be someone out there with retail overstock who is just hanging on to them, waiting for the price to become inflated. I'll bet you anything there will be a rapid spurt of them on ebay in about a year. I even got some pairs at Emporio Armani in Beverly Hills just two years ago.

Let's just hope he fails to sell them. Anyone paying a thousand dollars for sunglasses needs to be ashamed of themselves; it's just so selfish and hedonistic. You could do so much more with a thousand bucks, like taking your friends out to dinner or getting your mom a birthday gift. I think Bono would be upset about this listing, considereing that he does dedicate a portion of his large income to charity. The seller is either desperate for cash or is, indeed, a douche bag!

Well, I totally agree that its sheer madness, but the fact is if people shell out for it, then its hard to condemn the seller. A pair of blue Mikli's was up for auction about 3 times at about $400 and no one bit at them and I thought to myself, ah, at last, sanity prevails. Then the 4th time they went for a lot more than $400. The thing with ebay is, sometimes you get lucky. In the last 5 yrs, I've gotten my rose colored 610's for $150 with no other bidders, I got my brown 519s for a buy it now $135, just got lucky with the timing. On the other hand I've seen Mikli's go for $1,000 and that's just too much. Same for these blue 519's. Just too much. For me, anyway, But it goes in cycles. If you just started hunting for some of this stuff, I'm sure it seems insane right now. The best way is to earn a good reputation here, work on relationships, search diligently everyday on ebay, get stuff other people might trade for, and then maybe you get lucky in a trade. Just my two cents.

Well, I totally agree that its sheer madness, but the fact is if people shell out for it, then its hard to condemn the seller. A pair of blue Mikli's was up for auction about 3 times at about $400 and no one bit at them and I thought to myself, ah, at last, sanity prevails. Then the 4th time they went for a lot more than $400. The thing with ebay is, sometimes you get lucky. In the last 5 yrs, I've gotten my rose colored 610's for $150 with no other bidders, I got my brown 519s for a buy it now $135, just got lucky with the timing. On the other hand I've seen Mikli's go for $1,000 and that's just too much. Same for these blue 519's. Just too much. For me, anyway, But it goes in cycles. If you just started hunting for some of this stuff, I'm sure it seems insane right now. The best way is to earn a good reputation here, work on relationships, search diligently everyday on ebay, get stuff other people might trade for, and then maybe you get lucky in a trade. Just my two cents.

:applaud::applaud::applaud:
I do agree with all this. You are a wise man.

Nathan my friend : can you tell us exactly what models you have ? :wink:

I totally agree w/ soundmercury. It's not the sellers fault at all. WE are the ones to blame for the high prices. We set the the market price, really. The blue Mikli's is a great example. Someone posted it over and over and over again @ $299.99 and no one person bid on it. Suddenly one person did put in a bid and another person saw that and now there's a bidding war. The blue 3214 sold for over $400 and now the market price for a pair of Mikli's 3214 is instantly over $400.

Butcho7 is right. Bono wouldn't be too happy with the outrageous money exchanging hands. I, too, collect them so in a way I am a hipocrite. But I know when a price is fair and when a price is absurd (the 519's on ebay going for $1G). I wear them (I only have 2) all the time, so to me it's worth it. But I will NEVER spend over $275 on a pair, no matter how cool looking and rare they are. I'd rather take my friends out for drinks or by a nice clothes with that kind of money. Also just my 2 cents.

We do set the price in alot of ways.

There is a guy from Japan who for whatever reason keeps obtaining Mikli 3214's. Well... he has posted them for $500.00 starting price at least a couple times and sold them both first time around.
he recently had a pair of 3214 orange that he started at the amazingly low price of $1.00! What was the winning bid? $510.00!!!!!!

I just bought this (Blue Elevation Sunglasses) on a special website ! They are like the Bono's shade of 2001-2002 during the Elevation Tour !
I want to know if this is a Armani sunglasses and what is the original value !

Thank You !

blueelevation.png

I just bought this (Blue Elevation Sunglasses) on a special website ! They are like the Bono's shade of 2001-2002 during the Elevation Tour !
I want to know if this is a Armani sunglasses and what is the original value !

Thank You !

blueelevation.png
You probably bought them from a guy that goes by the name of TCB-Jewel. These are no-name knock-offs that have no market value. I also made the mistake of buying Black Flys from him with "custom" red lenses. The lenses fell out of the frame with a slight pressure of my finger! These have been on ebay for the last year. They are not worth the $30 he's trying to get for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom