An Unforgettable Journey: Unauthorised DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2_england

The Fly
Has anybody got this?

I was lucky enough to get the Rattle and Hum, Best Of 1990-2000 and Slane DVDs :hyper: this Christmas, and while I was looking thru the HMV sale I saw this "An Unforgettable Journey: Unauthorised" DVD.
Because it's not official I just want a fans synopsis of it before I part with my hard earned money.

Trust me, save your money. It sucked...I'm embarassed to say I bought it.....

saw this review of it on amazon.co.uk lol....

This is the most unfullfilling, useless dvd i have bought. I didn't realise until at the beginning of the film it says 'this dvd contains no music by u2', immediately my heart sank. Also it says in small lettering on the box 'UNofficil biography of u2.' All these things passed by me unnoticed when i purchased it, and having forced myself to watch the dam thing, well what a waste of almost 2 hours of my life. No music, no interviews, nothing! All it includes is snaps of footage from things like live aid and popmart, but without any of the music (ofcoarse being an unofficial biography, they are not aloud to use any of the bands material!) and still photos. The only people who do talk to the camera are people like the irish press, (one guy with a beard especially irritated me, talk about a windbag, getting all philisophical and deep in his opinions), you could tell he'd never met them, but seemed to think he knew everything, and people who claimed to hang around with them when they were younger. Its all very boring and superficial, and contains nothing a u2 fan doesn't already know. Complete pony altogether.Your better off spending your money on a concert DVD like 'popmart' or 'elevation live from boston' (which is fantastic by the way) or purchase one of their albums on cd(i recommend 'Zooropa'). cheers

what a bomb! said:
saw this review of it on amazon.co.uk lol....

This is the most unfullfilling, useless dvd i have bought. I didn't realise until at the beginning of the film it says 'this dvd contains no music by u2', immediately my heart sank. Also it says in small lettering on the box 'UNofficil biography of u2.' All these things passed by me unnoticed when i purchased it, and having forced myself to watch the dam thing, well what a waste of almost 2 hours of my life. No music, no interviews, nothing! All it includes is snaps of footage from things like live aid and popmart, but without any of the music (ofcoarse being an unofficial biography, they are not aloud to use any of the bands material!) and still photos. The only people who do talk to the camera are people like the irish press, (one guy with a beard especially irritated me, talk about a windbag, getting all philisophical and deep in his opinions), you could tell he'd never met them, but seemed to think he knew everything, and people who claimed to hang around with them when they were younger. Its all very boring and superficial, and contains nothing a u2 fan doesn't already know. Complete pony altogether.Your better off spending your money on a concert DVD like 'popmart' or 'elevation live from boston' (which is fantastic by the way) or purchase one of their albums on cd(i recommend 'Zooropa'). cheers

There's only one thing I can say after that review :censored:

:wink:

Oh no!

Someone is sending it to me by post!
I'm going to be in real trouble!!!!!!!

Yup I got it too a while ago.
Thinking it would be similar to the Joshua Tree DVD, well I was in for a shock (sorry just my opinion u2_england)
That DVD (Unforgettable Journey) cost me more money than the Slane DVD.

Back
Top Bottom