Achtung Baby CD - Cardboard Case

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BostonAnne

Refugee
When I bought Achtung Baby when it was first released, my copy came in a cardboard case. Does anyone know how long it was available in the cardboard? It seems to be common since I have been able to obtain a replacement copy (my son ripped my cover last winter) and a couple more copies for a few collector friends without a lot of effort.

I just received a copy today, and there is a shamrock instead of an X over Adam's privates. I have heard of a version with nothing hiding Adam, but I never heard of a shamrock! Does anyone know about this? :adam:

Thanks for your help! :)

Last edited:
I also have the shamrock version.

I have a copy of AB in the jewel case and in the cardboard sleeve...I found it at a used CD store for a decent price (considering the cardboard was damaged and worn a bit). I don't know any useful info about the cardboard sleeve version though. :scratch:

drivemytrabant said:
Not sure about the cardboard sleeve-I would like to have one though!

If you check ebay for "Achtung Baby" you should be able to get one for around $5.00 including shipping. If it doesn't specify the cardboard or plastic cover, you can tell by looking at the photo because it won't have the plastic edge on the right. I e-mailed one seller and asked if it was cardboard by the photo and it was.

Does anyone know what percentage of the CD's have the shamrock?

I also have the one with the shamrock. I did find the one with the cardboard sleeve, but as far as I can remember Adam's willy :D had an X printed on it. It might be another version. I didn't buy it though.

Back
Top Bottom