a silly new guy with silly new guy questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dadsquared

Babyface
I'm completely new at all this, so I ask your forgiveness ahead of time for what will no doubt be a rambling, non-sensical post.....

It was a nice thing to find this forum after doing searches about U2 dvd's. In fact, before I found this forum, I sent e-mails to two of it's members: U2Lynne and Mikefly. However, there are doubts that my e-mails arrived to them (nothing like starting the day with a message from your ISP that says "due to an internal server error, all e-mail sent from your account since friday may or may not have arrived").

I'm way new to collecting, and, hopefully, when I get a DVD burner, I'll be able to make worthwhile trades. At the moment, I have a DVD of the Syracuse 1987 show that I bought on e-bay (yes, I bought it. commence with the hazing.... :)) and that's it for the DVD's. I was wondering how the Los Angeles 1987 DVD compares to the Syracuse show in terms of picture/sound quality? I'd like to have a copy of the LA show, but if it's "lower" in quality than the Syracuse show, I'd probably pass.

In the meanwhile- any consensus as to what the "cream of the crop" is regarding DVD U2 shows? Other than the "Elevation 2001" released set, of course...... :) I'd be willing to B and P for a good "proshot" dvd concert (as long as "B and P" stands for "blanks and postage" and not "buff and polish"....... :) )

Thanks for your time, hopefully I've followed proper forum etiquette with my post....... if I haven't, a thousand pardons.

Jeff aka dadsquared (two daughters, one wife, zero free time..... ):)

The Los Angeles 87 show is the finest proshot DVD along with Irving Plaza (the one without the time code) you will find. Much better than the Syracuse show.

Chrisedge,

Thanks for the information- I appreciate your "mini review" of the DVD's. Now the question becomes: is there anyone around here who has a DVD of this show available? I have nothing of worth at the moment to trade, but I CAN do a B&P if someone is willing- right down to your prefered brand of DVD-R or CD-R media; being married for 13 years has made me QUITE good at following directions..... :)

Jeff

ps- I like your web site, Chrisedge. And I'm not crazy about Blockbuster, either....... :)

Hey Jeff,

I'm sending you the LA DVD, so you don't really need to be asking around for that one. I have the Irving Plaza one, but the one with the time code and it's not up to par with other proshot DVDs.

Lynne

U2Lynne,

Thanks- and I made the previous post before I chatted with you, so that's why it's here.

Regarding the Irving Plaza show: I take it that there were two different versions of the show? This is probably another "gee, EVERYONE knows the answer to THIS" question I'm asking. Are the two shows from two different camera sources, or did they originate with the same source, only one stayed "pure" while the other went to the "dark side"? (I watched "Star Wars" this weekend, sorry.... :))

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom