Zooropa... The Single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JUSTinPUSHPLAY

Acrobat
So anyone that's ever seen my youtube page (U2Invisible) knows I've been gifted some pretty rare U2 items (most of which have been stolen and reuploaded by others a dozen times by now). But I just received and unreleased single mix of Zooropa, which i was told was gonna be the lead single but replaced. Anyone else know the story behind this?

I'll add it is super rare - not shared online publically before that I ever found when I was looking for it a few years ago

Last edited:
It's interesting to hear the vocals in the first half with the effects dialed back, but it also sounds like a different vocal take?

I like being able to hear some of the guitar in the second half that was buried or non-existent in the original album version, but the album mix is by far better.

It's interesting, but I'm not convinced it's a mix from that time. The production isn't consistent, and it isn't with the time. In fact the second half chunky riff sounds like today's Edge tone.

idk :shrug:

It's interesting, but I'm not convinced it's a mix from that time. The production isn't consistent, and it isn't with the time. In fact the second half chunky riff sounds like today's Edge tone.

idk :shrug:

i concur. doesn't sound altogether right

Does it feel slower than the album version, too? It does to me.

Could this be a newer mix around the time of the 360 tour?

Maybe a bit slower, but my initial reaction is the same as Dave's in that I think it's a fan edit.

Not the worst edit, mind you. However, this version doesnt hold a candle to the original

Maybe a bit slower, but my initial reaction is the same as Dave's in that I think it's a fan edit.

Not the worst edit, mind you. However, this version doesnt hold a candle to the original

It sounds... sluggish to me (no Passengers pun intended). I also thought about it being a fan edit, but that would probably entail a fan getting hold of the track's stems... or being a very, VERY crafty fan.

The babel in the first half is not the same - there's some new stuff, and the clips we are familiar with are much crisper. Bono's vocals aren't double-tracked either.

Not sure how a fan would have been able to make these edits.

It was worth it just for the clarity of Ultra Detergent

Back
Top Bottom