Zoo TV 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think a self-conscious sequel is a good idea but I would like to see them reapply the strategies of ZOO TV. By that I mean alter-egoes; irony; commentary rather than preaching. U2 could really have mocked the internet very effectively in my view.

A ZOOTV 2 isn't a good idea for U2 but at least I could see ZOO TV with my own eyes!

If Bono were to go back and "play" MacPhisto again, I'm afraid it would be the first step to Bono actually becoming MacPhisto.

Interesting point, John Tree, but I'm a bit more optimistic. Bono is not in danger of becoming some jaded lounge lizard. His mind is too fertile and his disposition too engaged for that to happen. I would love to see Macphisto return, especially in times like these- global recession, global warming, international terrorism. So much has happened since '93 which would make him relevant. I don't buy this idea that it's limp to resurrect characters, it's actually rather interesting in my view.

I can see how the idea would be appealing, i just think, in my opinion MacPhisto is so wrapped up in the early 90s that it would be hard for me to imagine him outside of it. ZOOTV was so ahead of it's time, but cable television isn't exactly groundbreaking technology anymore and MacPhisto himself seems to be a European creation, something to signify the shattered remnants of the Cold War.

I'd love to see Bono try and introduce new characters though. Wasn't there some talk of "Jerry", a prototype Bono was working on? Or was that just a way to explain that dreadful makeup he tried on at the beginning of the promo?

Back
Top Bottom